What Do the Numbers on Glasses Mean?
The first number on glasses frames is the eye size. It is the horizontal width of the lenses. In general, the number of eye sizes varies from 40 mm to 62 mm in most of the spectacle frames.
The second number is the bridge size. It is the distance between the lenses. Also, it is the bridge that rests upon your nose. Mostly, the size of the bridge on glasses frames would be from 14 mm to 24 mm.
The third number is the temple length. It is the length of the stems of the frame that rests upon your ears. It can be measured from hinge to the end tip of the temple. In general, the temple length in most cases is from 120 mm to 150 mm. The bridge and temple help the frame to comfortably fit on the face.
Meanwhile, if there are no numbers on glasses frames, do not worry. You can always measure your eyeglasses frame with a millimeter ruler. Sometimes, the tiny numbers are worn off or sometimes they are printed too small that you might have to use the magnifying glasses. If you have known the glasses numbers meaning, you can choose to measure them by yourself.
At the same time, to fit the glasses better, you can also choose to measure your face for glasses frames. After knowing the suitable size of glasses, you can choose to buy a pair of glasses online. Thus, Koalaeye Optical is recommended. It is an online glasses store and provides all kinds of glasses, sunglasses, and frames. What’s more, these glasses are stylish and cheap.
The Advantages of Trivex Lenses
In this section, we will show you the benefits of the Trivex glasses.
- Trivex lenses provide high impact resistance so they can minimize the risk of injury among those who have an active lifestyle.
- Trivex lenses are light because they have a lower density ratio than other plastics. Hence, it would not slip down from your nose
- Trivex lenses are thin so they enhance comfort because they have a slimmer profile.
- Trivex glasses have a high Abbe value that offers a clean and sharp vision. This feature can be more important for those whose prescription powers are stronger but who don’t want to sacrifice visual clarity.
- Trivex lenses provide 100% UV protection from harmful sun’s UV rays.
- Trivex lenses are internally stress-free. This means that such lenses have a lower chance of breaking when under pressure, like from thick frames.
- Trivex lenses are able to resist to many chemicals including acetone. It performs better in chemical resistance than some of its other competitors.
What To Do with Old Glasses?
You can also choose to send your old glasses to others. You can ask your friends or ask around your social network to see if someone needs a pair of glasses. Then give them the old glasses.
If your glasses are too broken to be redistributed, do not just throw them out. You can choose to throw your old glasses into the recycle bin and they will be recycled.
If the only reason to give away your old glasses is that they are broken, you can try to repair them. After that, they can be useful.
BLUPOND night driving glasses
TAC Semi-polarized Blue light goggles are designed to change your perspective to yellow with computer blue light polarization. Anti-glare high-definition vision blue-blocking glasses protect eyes from blue light and reduce the contrast of bright blue/white glare and flash. The anti-glare night glasses limit distortion. In addition to polarized driving glasses, you can receive a night vision glasses accessory set, with the EVA glasses hard case, screwdriver, sunglasses bag, microfiber cleaning cloth, glasses clip, and night driving glasses gift box.
Eyemart Express is founded in 1990. The focus is to get you the right glasses at the right price. Eyemart Express is the only retailer with a lens lab in every store that can produce 90% of its glasses on the same day. There are more than 2,000 frames to choose from, including designer brands and safety glasses. At their online store, you can buy prescription glasses anywhere and have them delivered to your door. You can choose the best glasses at the right price and enjoy same-day service.
Production technology of progressive lenses
In addition to the evolution in design, the production technology of progressive lenses is also constantly improving: the most representative one is the free-form technology. The emergence of free-form surface technology makes the production more flexible and rapid and can realize a more personalized design. For now, progressive lens design is done on the inside surface of the lens by a computer-controlled lathe, as if a master engraver could carve a piece of stone into a work of art.
How to Test Blue Light Glasses (Amber and Red Lenses)
This section will show you how to test blue light glasses with amber or red lenses.
1. The Black and Blue Squares Test
1. Prepare black and blue paper.
2. Wear your blue light glasses after sunset and check whether both paper appear black.
3. If they do not appear black, your blue light glasses can’t block all blue light.
2. RGB Color Chart Test
1. Prepare an RGB color chart as follows.
2. Wear your blue light block glasses and look at the chart.
3. After wearing blue light blocking glasses, if the B section becomes black and the G section becomes darken, it shows that your blue light glasses block blue light and some filter some green light.
4. The less bright the green circle with your blue light glasses, the better they are.
Besides the above ways, you can ask the professional optician to perform a professional blue light glasses test, which would be more reliable. After that, you can know whether your glasses work effectively to block blue light.
What’s more, if you want to purchase a pair of effective blue light blocking glasses, you can try Koalaeye Optical. It is cheap and provides free shipping services.