If the glasses slid down your face every three minutes, it would be a very annoying thing. Thus, before prescribing a pair of glasses, you need to measure your face to fit it. While there are many measuring apps available, nothing is more accurate than taking the measurements yourself.
So, in the following section, we will show you how to measure face for glasses frames. It just needs a few steps.
How to Measure Face for Glasses Frames
In this section, we will show you how to measure face for glasses frames.
1. Measure the bridge of your nose. The bridge measurement determines the distance between the two lenses. If the bridge size is too large for your nose, your glasses will slip down your nose all the time. So, to measure the bridge of your nose, use the mirror or a photo to find the position and width of your nose bridge.
If it’s situated above your pupils, you need glasses that are between 19 millimeters and 21 millimeters. If the bridge is located below the pupils, you should look for a bridge size between 16 millimeters and 18 millimeters. For more information about PD, you can read the post: What Is Pupillary Distance and How to Measure PD.
2. Next, look at your face from the front and narrow down the range of bridge sizes to suit your face. If your eyes are set farther apart, your bridge size would be wide. So, you need to adjust the glasses’ bridge accordingly.
3. Then check your bridge position and select the glasses with a high bridge or low bridge.
4. Next, you need to measure your face from temple to temple. Hold the ruler horizontally below your eyes, and measure the distance between the left temple and right temple. Then record the distance in millimeters.
5. Use the temple-to-temple width to find the total width of your face. The width of your eyeglasses should include the frame width and the bridge size. So, you should choose eyeglasses with a width that is as close as possible to your temple measurement.
6. Determine the length of arms. You can use your temple width to figure out the right-sized arm. If the temple is wider, you can choose frames with arms 145 millimeters or more in length. For those smaller ones, select the glasses with a 135-140-millimeters arm.
7. Look at the mirror and determine what face shape you have. The face shape can be close to a heart, square, circle or oval. Then choose the best suitable one. If you want to choose glasses online, Koalaeye Optical provides all kinds of glasses, suitable for all face shapes.
To sum up, after reading this post, do you know how to measure your face for glasses? In fact, it is convenient to do that. So, if you want to measure face for glasses frames by yourself, try the above steps.
If you have any different ideas for how to measure face for glasses, you can share them in the comment zone. If you have queries about glasses, don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.