Polycarbonate vs Plastic Lenses: Which One Is Better?
From the above information, you may have learned some features of polycarbonate glasses and plastic lenses. So, do you know which one is better?
Here are some a few differences between both lenses to determine which one is better.
- Polycarbonate lenses are more expensive than plastic glasses.
- Polycarbonate lenses are very resistant to tint compared with plastic lenses which accept tints.
- Polycarbonate glasses have inherent UV protection, while plastic lenses do not have.
- Polycarbonate glasses have higher impact resistance and offer greater protection than plastic lenses.
- Polycarbonate glasses are lighter than plastic glasses.
- Plastic glasses have a higher optical clarity than polycarbonate lenses.
So, from the above part, you may have learned which one is better and you may have a decision of how to choose.
Choose the cost-effective glasses.
Choose your favorite glasses online. Open the shopping website, and select a store with high credibility. Choose your favorite glasses according to the style, lens, frame color, blue light blocking, radiation protection, and other factors, and then communicate with the customer service about the thickness of the lens and other specific details. If you see the frame is not suitable for yourself, you can communicate with customer service ahead of time to see whether you can buy the frame to send freight insurance. If it is not suitable, can we return it for a refund? To buy a store with a high reputation, you can look at the store's good comments and bad reviews. Talk to customer service. Sometimes there are hidden discounts.
Progressive lenses and single vision lenses
An optical lens that has only one luminosity on a single vision lens and does not have special functions.
The curvature of the front surface of the progressive lens increases continuously from top to bottom, and the refractive power increases gradually and continuously from the distance zone located on the upper part of the lens until the near zone at the bottom of the lens reaches the required near-use refractive power. A pair of glasses can be used. You can see far away, you can see close, and you can see objects in the middle distance.
Buy Prescription Glasses Online Step By Step
1. Before you can buy glasses online, you’ll need a current glasses prescription.
2. Select an online retailer, comparing online retailers like EyeBuyDirect and KOALAEYE until you find the best fit for your needs.
3. Shop for the perfect frames according to face shape, frame favorites, the budget, etc.
4. Once you’ve found your perfect frames, you’ll enter your eyeglasses prescription and pupillary distance to choose the lenses.
5. Read over the fine print on return/exchange policies and product warranties before you complete your order.
6. Having picked your perfect frames, entered your prescription information, added any lens coatings and upgrades, and checked your online retailer's warranty and return policy, it’s time to complete your order.
What Are Plano Lenses?
Plano lenses are simply optical lenses which provide no corrective power. That is to say. Plano lenses are eyeglasses lenses that provide no vision correction. They are in widespread use as protective equipment or safety spectacles designed to protect against eye injuries caused by flying dust, metal, wood chips, and other particles.
What Does Plano Mean for Glasses?
If you need a pair of plano glasses, you will see the term plano, PL or 0.00 in the Sphere box on your eye prescription paper. That means that the lens has no corrective power. If only either of your eyes requires correction, you may be given a pair of glasses that as one corrective lens for the affected eye and a plano lens for the unaffected eye.
What Are Transition Lenses?
Transition lenses, also called photochromic glasses are eyeglasses lenses that change their colors with light. The transition lenses darken in the sunlight and lighten in the softer light or the dark. These transition lenses provide the convenience of sunglasses without having to wear them over your prescription glasses and having to constantly switch between the two.
But there are some common transition lenses problems. So, we will list some of them. Are transition lenses worth it? After reading this post, you will find them.
How do bifocal reading glasses work?
Bifocal reading glasses have two different lenses on the same lens. The top of the lens is your normal distance prescription, while the bottom is for close-up viewings, like reading. The two lenses allow you to alternate between them by moving your eyes up and down as needed. A bifocal lens is a type of lens that has two different areas of vision: one for close range and one for long-range. Typically, the upper section covers remote vision and the lower section covers reading. With a traditional bifocal lens, you can see the difference between the two lenses because the lower curve is a little different.