Disadvantages of contact lenses
They require more care than glasses. If you don't clean your contact lenses properly, or if you don't wash your hands before touching them, you could get a serious eye infection. Wearing contaminated contact lenses not only causes damage to your eyes but causes inflammation. If you have high astigmatism, your vision may become blurry when the lenses rotate. And there are a lot of contact lens health risks. There is a lot of news exposed that many informal manufacturers use fake or shoddy materials to make contact lenses, especially for the so-called beautiful contact lens, there are more risks in dyeing and health. The damage to the eyes is unimaginable.
How to choose blue light blocking glasses?
Nowadays, electronic products such as mobile phones and computers have become indispensable tools in our lives. While these high-tech products bring us convenience and fun, they also bring symptoms such as eye fatigue and myopia. Subsequently, blue light blocking glasses have also received everyone's attention. Anti-blue glasses are only suitable for people who use electronic products for a long time, not for people who are visually fatigued. Exposure to such unnaturally strong blue light for a long time every day, especially for teenagers and children, needs to pay more attention to the prevention of blue light. So, how to choose suitable blue light blocking glasses for kids?
Anti-blue light is necessary, but not all blue light can be filtered out, because blue light will interfere with the body's melatonin secretion after being over-filtered, thereby affecting sleep. Therefore, when choosing blue light blocking glasses, you should choose appropriately according to your own eyes.
For how to choose anti-blue glasses, consumers can distinguish from the color of the lenses. Generally speaking, a lens with a yellow color will have the effect of blocking blue light. But too dark lenses will affect the contrast sensitivity. Therefore, it is recommended that consumers choose moderately. In addition, consumers should also pay attention to whether the glasses products (lenses, frames) have conformity marks, etc. It is best to choose professional and well-known glasses shops to match glasses.
What are nose pads?
Nose pads include stipule stalk, stipule boxes, and stipules. The stipules are in direct contact with the nose and play a role in supporting and stabilizing the frame. Certain molded plastic frames may not have stipules and stipule boxes, and the stipules are connected to the mirror ring.
In fact, when designing different materials and different styles, the designer will judge whether nose pads are needed according to the comfort and aesthetics of the glasses. Generally, metal frames are equipped with nose pads, and the nose pads are movable in order to adapt to various nose shapes. Metal frames with nose pads can prevent some people's skin from being allergic to metal. On the other hand, metal looks more rigid and business, and adding nose pads is more beautiful and comfortable. Most glasses without nose pads are sheet-framed glasses. The sheet material is relatively light and non-allergenic. In terms of aesthetics and comfort, no nose pads are more suitable.
What are the benefits of keyhole glasses?
These 1950s classic keyhole bridge glasses are suitable for average larger surfaces where wider bridge joints are needed. A wide bridge of the nose will allow the upper margin to run along or below the eyebrow, which will shorten the long face while keeping it close to the face. The design prevents the top of the bridge of the nose from touching the top of the nose, which can be considered uncomfortable and leave marks on contact with the skin. Especially if the frames are dark. The keyhole bridge can be used to adjust the nose shape if necessary.
Don’t Do When Cleaning Glasses
Here are something you can’t do when cleaning the glasses.
1. Don’t use your shirttail, blouse, or other clothing to clean your glasses, especially when the lenses are dry because they will scratch your lenses.
2. Don’t use the saliva to wet your lenses.
3. Don’t use some surface cleaners to clean your eyeglasses because they may damage glasses lenses and coatings.
4. Don’t use some paper to clean your lenses, such as paper towels, napkins, or some tissues. They may scratch or smear your lenses or make them full of lint.
5. Don’t try to remove a scratch on your lenses by buffing away. This action can make the situation worse.
5 Signs You Need Reading Glasses
In this section, we will list some signs you need reading glasses.
- You are over 40 years old. Everyone’s eyesight changes at a different rate, but most people develop presbyopia in their 40s. Presbyopia is a condition in which the eye strain to focus on nearby objects, which is different from farsightedness, a condition in which you can see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may be blurry. Farsightedness is usually present at birth, but presbyopia develops during the aging process.
- If you find that you never seem to have enough light when reading, regardless of the room type or the number of lamps you have turned on, it may be time to get reading glasses. According to a study, a 60-year-old people requires three times as much light as a 20-year old to do the same task.
- If your eyes get tired when reading or working at your computer, you may need reading glasses. Do you find yourself dozing off at your computer, or do your eyelids get heavy when your reading or do detailed work? If so, you may be developing presbyopia, and you may need the reading glasses.
- Another sign you need reading glasses is that you are getting more headaches. Consistently straining your eyes to read or focus on craft could give more headaches. A headache right behind your eyes could be indicative of hyperopia. It is important to remember the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds. If your headaches persist, you should see an eye doctor and have a check.
- If you see halos, you may need reading glasses. When your lens cannot focus light into your retina, it makes your vision appear blurry. Thus, reading glasses can solve this problem.
Do I need reading glasses? After reading this post, you may have a basic understanding. If you need a pair of reading glasses, try Koalaeye glasses. They are stylish and cheap, and the glasses will be mailed to you with great convenience.
The Advantages of Trifocal Lenses
The greatest advantage of trifocal lenses is that they have three prescriptions in one, which means that not only do you not have to buy three separate pairs of glasses, but you also won’t have to constantly change them as you go about your day.
Another advantage of trifocal lenses is that in some cases, they offer a broader viewing area for near and intermediate-distance applications like reading and using the computer.