When your glasses lenses are scratched beyond repair or they are just outdated, you can choose to perform glasses lens replacement. In this case, you need to remove lenses from glasses. So, how to pop lenses out of glasses? If you do not know, keep on your reading and we will show you some ways with a step-by-step guide.
How to Pop Lenses Out of Glasses with Metal Frames?
As is well known, glasses frames are different due to the frame materials. So, we will show you how to pop lenses out of glasses with metal frames and plastic frames. First, we will show you how to take lenses out of glasses.
Now, here is the tutorial.
- Find out the screws and they are usually near the nose bridge. They may also be present at the bottom rim on the outside. Once you find out the screws, find a suitable screwdriver.
- Then fix the frame in one hand and turn the screws in an anti-clockwise direction as they come out completely. Be sure to do this over a cloth where you can easily collect the screws and then store them somewhere safe to be used later.
- Next, put one hand on the nasal side of the frames and use the thumb and fingers of your other hand to pull out the frames. Be sure to use any piece of cloth so that you do not get fingerprints on the lens.
After all steps are finished, you can successfully remove the lenses from the glasses.
How to Pop Lenses Out of Glasses with Plastic Frames?
In this section, we will show you how to take glasses out of plastic frames. It would be much easier to remove lenses from plastic frames because lenses are not fitted as tightly in them as in metal frames.
Now, here is the tutorial.
- Many plastic lenses will come out easily as you push through your thumb from the inner side and fix your fingers on the other side.
- If they do not come off, you can choose to heat the plastic a little bit so that it expands and allows the lenses to come out.
- To heat the plastic frames, you can immerse the glasses in a bowl of hot water. The water should be hot, not warm but of course only as much as you can handle amicably.
- Be careful to not drop your lenses in the bowl. Dry them with a no microfiber cloth and then you can remove them. You can’t use any towels because those can damage any blue light or anti reflective covering.
After all steps are finished, you can remove lenses from glasses.
To sum up, this post from Koalaeye Optical has shown how to pop lenses out of glasses. If you have any different ideas for removing lenses from glasses, share them in the comment zone. If you have any problems with glasses or sunglasses, please feel free to contact us via the email email@example.com and we will reply to you as soon as possible.