Most people who choose eyeglass frames are concerned with price and style. But there are other factors to consider, such as how lightweight, strong, flexible, and corrosion-resistant the frames are. Today's eyeglass frames are made from many types of plastic and metal. Different materials will be right for different people and situations. Sometimes, people want to find unbreakable eyeglasses. So, what are unbreakable glasses frames made of? We need to know more about durable glasses frames materials in order to choose the perfect one for us.
Unbreakable Glasses Frames Materials — Metal Frames
- Titanium: Extremely resilient and corrosion-resistant, titanium is also hypoallergenic and weighs in at 40% lighter than other metals. Available in a variety of color tones, titanium is an ideal material for eyeglasses.
- Beta titanium: Titanium mixed with small quantities of aluminum and vanadium, this alloy is more flexible than pure titanium. Adjustments to your eyeglass fit are therefore done easily.
- Memory metal: Frames made of memory metal are composed of a titanium alloy that has approximately 50% nickel and 50% titanium. These eyeglasses are very bendable and will return to their original shape even after they are twisted and turned. Memory metal frames are superb for kids or anyone who is rough on their eyeglasses.
- Stainless steel: Manufactured in both matte and polished, glossy finishes, stainless steel is strong, flexible, corrosion-resistant, and lightweight. An iron-carbon alloy, also contains chromium.
- Aluminum: Lightweight and very resistant to corrosion, aluminum boasts a unique look and is frequently used in high-end, exclusive eyewear.
Unbreakable Glasses Frames Materials — Plastic Frames
- Zyl: Abbreviated from“zylonate”, Zyl is relatively inexpensive and very popular in plastic eyeglass frames. Lightweight, it is available in a rainbow of colors, including multi-colored versions and layers of different colors within one frame.
- Propionate: Often used in sports frames, propionate is extremely durable and flexible. This nylon-based plastic is also lightweight and hypoallergenic.
- Nylon: Over recent years, nylon has been replaced largely by more resilient nylon blends, such as polyamides, gliamides, and copolyamides. While 100% nylon is lightweight and strong, it tends to weaken with age and become brittle.
- Cellulose acetate: A plant-based plastic that is hypoallergenic. Acetates are known for being strong, lightweight, and flexible. Cellulose acetate also has the widest range of transparency, rich colors, and finishes. More complex colorations are able to be produced by layering several colors or transparencies in layers and sandwiching them together.
- Optyl is a brand of epoxy resin. When heated, it becomes very malleable, making it easy for the optician to mold the frame to the shape of your face.
How to Find the Unbreakable Glasses Frames?
Selecting the most durable glasses frames is a complicated business because you also have to think about fit, fashion and the individual quirks of your physiology. If you play impact sports, tough nylon frames may be the best choice. When you select eyeglasses, make sure your optician understands your lifestyle. If you work hard and play harder, you need the unbreakable eyeglasses you can get. However, if you work in an office and would rather read books than climb mountains, you could end up buying more durability than you actually need.
Each respective frame material brings unique features and advantages to your eyeglasses. One pair of glasses may not fit every part of your daily routine, in addition to social outings and special occasions. Perhaps a pair of titanium frames is best for your sophisticated, conservative work environment, but on the weekends you’d prefer to show off style with a retro zyl frame in laminated colors? Consider purchasing more than one pair of eyeglasses, and match your frames to your personality and lifestyle.
As for the unbreakable glasses frames, this post from Koalaeye Optical has shown information about durable glasses frames. If you have any different ideas for unbreakable eyeglasses, share them in the comment zone. If you have any problems with glasses or sunglasses, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com and we will reply to you as soon as possible.