What is an MR lens?
MR is the brand name of optical lens raw materials produced by Mitsui Chemicals in Japan. MR series is available in three different refractive indices (1.60, 1.67, 1.74): MR-7, MR-8, MR-10, and MR-174. MR-7 and MR-10 have higher thermal deformation temperature and excellent dyeing, which are widely used in the field of sunglasses. MR-8 has the most balanced performance index and is suitable for the production of lenses of any strength. It has the highest market share in lens materials with a refractive index of 1.60. MR-174 is a high refractive index lens material, which is mainly used in the production of ultra-thin lenses.
Put into the lens box when not in use.
When taking off glasses, many people will easily hang them on the head, collar, or casual display, so that glasses often suffer a variety of damage. To do this, fold the glasses and place them face up in the case. Do not place your glasses in direct sunlight or in high temperatures, as heat can easily peel off the film on the lens. For example, in summer, the glasses are exposed to direct sunlight in the car for a long time, which is easy to cause lens stripping.
How To Choose Better Night Driving Glasses?
Driving at night has a high accident rate because of poor visibility, blinding headlights, and fatigue. Now the market exists a few main glasses: sunglasses polarizing lenses, Glasses that use or mimic the first generation of patented technology. So how do you compare the options between driving and wearing glasses?
Night driving lens is relatively special compared with daily driving lens, not only to prevent strong light and see the road more clearly. According to the national motor vehicle driver special glasses standards, QBT 2659-2004 daily light transmittance should be more than 8%, night light transmittance should be more than 75%. Be sure to consult customer service. Ask about the situation. Note that a pair of polarized sunglasses are not suitable for use at night, and the light transmittance must reach the national safety standards.
Benefits of Progressive Lenses
Progressive lenses are different from traditional reading glasses and bifocal glasses in that bifocal reading glasses have to constantly change the focal length, causing fatigue. And there is no clear dividing line between the two focal lengths. They are more comfortable, more beautiful. When you see far or see near, a pair of glasses can be done, so they become the best choice for old people little by little.
Progressive lenses allow multiple fields of view to be merged into a single lens with no discernible difference between the fields themselves. Degrees of the lens vary gradually from far to medium to your full reading. This is why progressive lenses are often regarded as no-line bifocals or trifocal points.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry is a leading provider of eye care services in the United States, located at the intersection of healthcare and retail. They are committed to providing their customers with a wonderful shopping experience and high-quality products and services with the best value and selection in the industry. All stores of Visionworks provide designer and exclusive branded frames, lenses, sunglasses, and accessories. And they provide leading vision correction technology. Every purchase comes with an unconditional 30-day satisfaction guarantee and free lifetime cleaning and adjustment.
5 Signs You Need Reading Glasses
In this section, we will list some signs you need reading glasses.
- You are over 40 years old. Everyone’s eyesight changes at a different rate, but most people develop presbyopia in their 40s. Presbyopia is a condition in which the eye strain to focus on nearby objects, which is different from farsightedness, a condition in which you can see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may be blurry. Farsightedness is usually present at birth, but presbyopia develops during the aging process.
- If you find that you never seem to have enough light when reading, regardless of the room type or the number of lamps you have turned on, it may be time to get reading glasses. According to a study, a 60-year-old people requires three times as much light as a 20-year old to do the same task.
- If your eyes get tired when reading or working at your computer, you may need reading glasses. Do you find yourself dozing off at your computer, or do your eyelids get heavy when your reading or do detailed work? If so, you may be developing presbyopia, and you may need the reading glasses.
- Another sign you need reading glasses is that you are getting more headaches. Consistently straining your eyes to read or focus on craft could give more headaches. A headache right behind your eyes could be indicative of hyperopia. It is important to remember the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds. If your headaches persist, you should see an eye doctor and have a check.
- If you see halos, you may need reading glasses. When your lens cannot focus light into your retina, it makes your vision appear blurry. Thus, reading glasses can solve this problem.
Do I need reading glasses? After reading this post, you may have a basic understanding. If you need a pair of reading glasses, try Koalaeye glasses. They are stylish and cheap, and the glasses will be mailed to you with great convenience.
Characteristics of titanium frames
Titanium is widely used in the eyewear industry because it is not easy to deform, fade and has strong stability. The glasses frame made of titanium can highlight the noble taste and elegant temperament. The glasses frame made of titanium can be divided into pure titanium, titanium alloy, and beta-titanium frame three kinds. To learn about titanium frames, how to identify pure titanium frames?
Titanium frame has the benefits of low density, high strength, good mechanical properties, and strong corrosion resistance. The frame is very light and not easily corroded by moisture. However, due to the poor process performance of titanium alloy, machining is very difficult, the glasses frame made of hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon, and other chemical impurities are more absorbed. The wear resistance of titanium alloy is relatively poor, and the production process is relatively complex, so the cost is relatively high and the workmanship is relatively complicated when using this material to make the spectacle frame. The price is much more expensive than the common spectacle frame.