Free home trial
They know how important it is to try and touch glasses before buying them. That's why Free home trials are available at Glasses Direct. And it's totally free! They are delivered daily to your home, so every customer gets an unlimited number of home trials, covering hundreds of unique styles, and it's an unmatched experience. At Glasses Direct, they make it easier to help you find your next pair of glasses.
OMBRE & TWO-TONED GLASSES
Gradient glasses and double-color glasses are popular for their visual appeal and ability to match almost anything in your wardrobe. Typically, these frames start darker at the top and then transit gently or abruptly to lighter shadows. Professional and fun all in one frame style.
What is the best lens material?
MR stands for Mitsui Resin, a raw material for optical lenses made by Mitsui Chemicals in Japan. It is the first high refractive index lens material produced by polyurethane technology in the world. It has the characteristics of high refractive index, high Abbe number, low specific gravity, high impact resistance, and so on. MR series material, with high impact resistance, good tensile strength, and minimal internal stress, is very suitable for the unique design of lens products, like rimless glasses and high bending lenses, etc. At the same time, it has good processing, dyeing, and weather resistance.
Virtual try-on service
Previously, the only way to buy glasses online was by looking at pictures or reviews. But no matter how real the picture is and how good the buyer's feedback is, more than 80% of them will feel inappropriate once they try it on their face. Either the glasses don't match the shape of the face, or the color doesn't match the skin tone, etc.AR glasses virtual try-on can realize glasses online try-on. Using the phone's camera, users can look at the glasses and try them on their faces. They can turn their head in real-time to see how the glasses look at different angles. Online shopping should be tried on before purchase.
Advantages of progressive lenses
1. The appearance of the lens is like a single vision lens, and the dividing line of the degree change cannot be seen. Not only is the appearance beautiful, but more importantly, it protects the age privacy of the wearer. There is no need to worry about leaking the age secret due to wearing glasses.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/progressive-glasses)
2. Since the change of lens power is gradual, there will be no image jump. It is comfortable to wear and easy to adapt.
3. Because the degree is gradual, the replacement of the adjustment effect is gradually increased according to the shortening of the short distance. There is no adjustment fluctuation, and it is not easy to cause visual fatigue.
4. Clear vision can be obtained at all distances in the visual range. A pair of glasses meet the use of long-distance, near use, and various distances in between. It is especially good for teachers, doctors, music workers, and computer operators because these people not only need to see far and near objects clearly, but most of the time they also need to be able to see objects at intermediate distances such as blackboards, piano scores, and computer screens. This is not possible with lenses other than progressive lenses.
5. At present, both internal and external ophthalmologists agree that young people should wear low-degree convex lenses when reading and writing to reduce near-use adjustment, thereby alleviating or preventing the occurrence and development of myopia. This gives the progressive multifocal lens a new meaning and mission. Physiology found that excessive use of the eyeball adjustment function can form 'accommodative spasm' or pseudo myopia. Continued development can produce longitudinal eye axis elongation and induce 'true myopia' or axial myopia. The external luminosity of the progressive lens can be artificially added to the progressive luminosity. The upper is used for looking far, and the below is used for looking near, which makes the eyeball relax and over-adjust. The ever-changing luminosity of the lens replaces the 'accommodative power' that should have been activated, blocking the vicious circle of adjusting the eye axis elongation, making the eye not easy to fatigue, and slowing the development of myopia.
How to clean the lenses?
When wiping lenses (especially the rimless glasses of resin lens), you must use a special wipe lens or soft handkerchief or paper. When you wipe the lens, you can only wipe it in one direction, not in circles, and don't touch the lens with your fingers. When the lens is stained with dust and sand, it should be washed with water before wiping, otherwise, the lens is likely to be abraded, and the operation should be gentle. At ordinary times, when cleaning, do not exert too much force, pay attention to the grasp of strength. When wiping the lens, it is best to take the side frame with one hand, and the other hand takes the glasses cloth to wipe gently. In order to prevent the lens film layer falls off, do not use alkaline detergent to wipe the lens. Therefore, when bathing or playing at the seaside, glasses should be properly kept to avoid water vapor or seawater caused by corrosion of glasses.
How To Choose Better Night Driving Glasses?
Driving at night has a high accident rate because of poor visibility, blinding headlights, and fatigue. Now the market exists a few main glasses: sunglasses polarizing lenses, Glasses that use or mimic the first generation of patented technology. So how do you compare the options between driving and wearing glasses?
Night driving lens is relatively special compared with daily driving lens, not only to prevent strong light and see the road more clearly. According to the national motor vehicle driver special glasses standards, QBT 2659-2004 daily light transmittance should be more than 8%, night light transmittance should be more than 75%. Be sure to consult customer service. Ask about the situation. Note that a pair of polarized sunglasses are not suitable for use at night, and the light transmittance must reach the national safety standards.