What Do Blue Light Glasses Do?
Blue light has wavelength and energy from 380 nm with the highest energy to 500 nm with the lowest energy. The violent and blue-violent rays are more likely to damage our eyes so these rays are also called harmful blue light.
The blue light can be from the sunlight, fluorescent light, LEDs, computer monitors, smartphones, and tablet screens. Long time exposure to blue light may cause eye strain and discomfort. Hence, wearing blue light glasses is an effective way to prevent your eyes from harmful blue light.
What do blue light glasses do? They are specially designed to filter out harmful blue-violent light rays that are commonly emitted from digital screens.
Choose a quality progressive lens.
Superior progressive lenses provide a better viewing experience. They also remove any distortions you might feel when reading what's in front of you. Lenses can also be coated with special coatings. Anti-reflective coating can prevent glare on the road, and anti-scratch coating can reduce wear marks.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of bifocal reading glasses?
The advantage of bifocal reading glasses is a large field of vision, and they can be used with the same pair of glasses to see far, near. The cost is lower. But different areas have obvious intervals, and the appearance is not beautiful. The middle distance is fuzzy. They need to adapt to the period. Bifocal reading glasses lens is divided into two parts, and the degree of the two parts is not the same. The upper part is the mother of the flat area to see far, and the next part is the child of the reading area to see near. There is an obvious interval. The appearance is not beautiful. There is no transition area between two different areas, so its vision is fuzzy, easy to produce a 'jump image'. Long-term wearing will make people dizzy or fall down when climbing stairs.
Parameters of lens material selection
Since the refractive index of the lens material varies for the light of different wavelengths, and white light is made up of various colors of light of different wavelengths, the dispersion phenomenon occurs when the lens refracts white light. The dispersion coefficient is an important index to identify the sharpness of lens imaging, which is usually indicated by Abbe number (Abbe number = dispersion coefficient). The larger the Abbe number, the smaller the dispersion, and vice versa, the smaller the Abbe number, the larger the dispersion, and the worse the resolution of the image.
Humans have been using glass lenses for about 300 years, and it was not until 1947 that the first resin lenses made of CR39 were produced. A big reason for using resin lenses is their safety, i.e. impact resistance. Only lenses that pass the Drop Ball Test are considered safe. Combining the above two parameters, we can compare different lenses.
Clean Glasses Properly
If the glasses are dirty, don't just wipe them with other cloth. If you use some hard cloth to wipe, it is easy to cause scratches in the lens. Generally speaking, the following cleaning methods are all feasible.
1. Use neutral or alkaline cleaning agent. Remember, toothpaste cannot be used as a substitute for the cleaning agent for spectacle lenses. General optical shops also sell lens cleaners in small bottles, which are easy to carry.
2. Go to the optical shop for professional ultrasonic cleaning. General optical shops provide free cleaning services. The ultrasonic cleaning machine can fully clean every gap and groove of the glasses.
3. Rinse the lens with tap water. Hold the frame in one hand and the cleaner in the other hand. Rub it slowly against the lens, and then rinse it off with clean water. Then wipe it with a glasses cloth or let it dry naturally.
In addition to the glasses cannot be cleaned with alcohol, you should also pay attention to their placement for daily maintenance. Try to avoid putting it under high temperature, and avoid oily, smoke, etc. If you don't use them, put them in the glasses case.
How to Choose Glasses for Diamond Face Shape?
Oval glasses: Oval glasses in the rimless or half-rim are complimenting glasses frames for diamond face shape. So, if you are looking for glasses for diamond face shape, try these.
Browline: The last glasses for diamond face shape we want to mention is the browline glasses. The double bridge that resembles aviator glasses seems one of the attractive choices of glasses for diamond face shape having a bit of detailing on browline with deep dark shades, half rim, tortoise-shell and other designs.
5 Signs You Need Reading Glasses
In this section, we will list some signs you need reading glasses.
- You are over 40 years old. Everyone’s eyesight changes at a different rate, but most people develop presbyopia in their 40s. Presbyopia is a condition in which the eye strain to focus on nearby objects, which is different from farsightedness, a condition in which you can see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may be blurry. Farsightedness is usually present at birth, but presbyopia develops during the aging process.
- If you find that you never seem to have enough light when reading, regardless of the room type or the number of lamps you have turned on, it may be time to get reading glasses. According to a study, a 60-year-old people requires three times as much light as a 20-year old to do the same task.
- If your eyes get tired when reading or working at your computer, you may need reading glasses. Do you find yourself dozing off at your computer, or do your eyelids get heavy when your reading or do detailed work? If so, you may be developing presbyopia, and you may need the reading glasses.
- Another sign you need reading glasses is that you are getting more headaches. Consistently straining your eyes to read or focus on craft could give more headaches. A headache right behind your eyes could be indicative of hyperopia. It is important to remember the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds. If your headaches persist, you should see an eye doctor and have a check.
- If you see halos, you may need reading glasses. When your lens cannot focus light into your retina, it makes your vision appear blurry. Thus, reading glasses can solve this problem.
Do I need reading glasses? After reading this post, you may have a basic understanding. If you need a pair of reading glasses, try Koalaeye glasses. They are stylish and cheap, and the glasses will be mailed to you with great convenience.