Where did the glasses emoji come from?
The glasses emoji was approved as part of Unicode 6.0 under the name Glasses in 2010 and was added to Emoji 1.0 in 2015. Unlike the bespectacled 'nerd face', which is often used to suggest a cool sense of fashion. Just clicking on a few posts with the emoji is enough to make a person want to follow the eyeglasses fashion trend.
Evolution of photochromic lenses
Thirty years after Corning invented color-changing glass lenses, another company has carried forward the color-changing glass lenses --Transitions Optical. In 1991, it became the first company to commercially manufacture resin color-changing lenses. Since its inception, the company has been a joint venture between PPG Industries (51%) and Essilor (49%). In April 2014, Essilor acquired a 51% stake in PPG. At present, the mainstream is resin photochromic lenses.
How to Get Used to Progressive Lenses?
It is common that your vision may change when you are over age 40. You can find it is happening when have to hold your favorite book, the daily newspaper, or a restaurant menu farther away just to read it. This is an eye condition called presbyopia. It is normal and almost all of us get it as we reach middle age.
This eye condition often can be corrected by progressive lenses which allow you to see objects from far to near clearly. With progressive lenses, you do not have to switch your glasses to see far or near objects frequently.
However, since progressive glasses have three different prescriptions in one lens, it may be difficult for some people to adapt to the new ones. So, in this post, we will show you how to get used to progressive lenses.
Advantages Of TR90 Frames
- Lightweight. The weight is about half the weight of the plate frame, which can reduce the burden on the bridge of the nose and ears, and it is also comfortable to wear for a long time.
- Bright colors. Compared with ordinary plastic frames, the color of TR90 frames is even better.
- Impact resistance. The TR90 frame is extremely flexible, and its good elasticity can effectively prevent damage to the eyes caused by impact during sports.
Regardless of whether it is a sheet frame or a TR90 frame, they have their own advantages. You can choose them according to your requirements, Importantly, it is comfortable to wear and good-looking.
What are browline frames?
The name browline comes from the design of the frame. The upper part of the frame is thicker than the lower part so that the wearer's natural eyebrow line can be noticed. The top is usually made of acetate or plastic, and the bottom of the lens is wrapped with a thinner wireframe. Later, the browline frames have also been modified to meet the needs of more customers. Some browline frames use nylon wire instead of metal wire in the lower part, while the browline frames with metal wire are more durable and stable. If people with high myopia want to have a pair of half-rim glasses, browline frames are a good choice.
Colored translucent frame
Colored translucent lenses have been popular since 2016. Some stars like a warm tan lens. Besides translucent lenses, what's popular this year is that the frames are made in a colorful translucent style. Wearing them can automatically cool down. Stella Mccartney 2020 spring/summer sunglasses are designed with colorful translucent material and a thick frame. In addition, a metal chain is added, which is all the popular elements this year.
How to Pop Lenses Out of Glasses with Metal Frames?
As is well known, glasses frames are different due to the frame materials. So, we will show you how to pop lenses out of glasses with metal frames and plastic frames. First, we will show you how to take lenses out of glasses.
Now, here is the tutorial.
- Find out the screws and they are usually near the nose bridge. They may also be present at the bottom rim on the outside. Once you find out the screws, find a suitable screwdriver.
- Then fix the frame in one hand and turn the screws in an anti-clockwise direction as they come out completely. Be sure to do this over a cloth where you can easily collect the screws and then store them somewhere safe to be used later.
- Next, put one hand on the nasal side of the frames and use the thumb and fingers of your other hand to pull out the frames. Be sure to use any piece of cloth so that you do not get fingerprints on the lens.
After all steps are finished, you can successfully remove the lenses from the glasses.