5 Signs You Need Reading Glasses
In this section, we will list some signs you need reading glasses.
- You are over 40 years old. Everyone’s eyesight changes at a different rate, but most people develop presbyopia in their 40s. Presbyopia is a condition in which the eye strain to focus on nearby objects, which is different from farsightedness, a condition in which you can see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may be blurry. Farsightedness is usually present at birth, but presbyopia develops during the aging process.
- If you find that you never seem to have enough light when reading, regardless of the room type or the number of lamps you have turned on, it may be time to get reading glasses. According to a study, a 60-year-old people requires three times as much light as a 20-year old to do the same task.
- If your eyes get tired when reading or working at your computer, you may need reading glasses. Do you find yourself dozing off at your computer, or do your eyelids get heavy when your reading or do detailed work? If so, you may be developing presbyopia, and you may need the reading glasses.
- Another sign you need reading glasses is that you are getting more headaches. Consistently straining your eyes to read or focus on craft could give more headaches. A headache right behind your eyes could be indicative of hyperopia. It is important to remember the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds. If your headaches persist, you should see an eye doctor and have a check.
- If you see halos, you may need reading glasses. When your lens cannot focus light into your retina, it makes your vision appear blurry. Thus, reading glasses can solve this problem.
Do I need reading glasses? After reading this post, you may have a basic understanding. If you need a pair of reading glasses, try Koalaeye glasses. They are stylish and cheap, and the glasses will be mailed to you with great convenience.
For the different brand frames, the price is different.
Prada, Armani, Bvlgari, and other brands belong to the group of high-end eyewear brands (400-800 at a discount if the price is around 00-5000). Poly glasses, Bolon, Prosun, belongs to the middle-end glasses brand group (price 300-00 or so, discount price 300 or so): Serova and other products belong to the high-cost performance glasses brand (price 300 or less).
Basic principles of progressive lenses
The surface of the progressive slice is divided into five regions. There are far, middle, and near optical areas. They are respectively corresponding to see distant objects, middle distance objects in the near distance objects. One pair of glasses is multi-purpose. In appearance, it is not very different from regular lenses. There is no clear dividing line. Distal use area: The area above the progressive slice is the distal use area, which is used to correct the distal refractive error. Proximity area: from the matching lens cross down, the refractive power of the lens continuously increases the positive degree, which is used to see close objects. Gradient area: The channel connecting the far and near areas. It is an area of regular change from top to bottom, used for transitioning and seeing objects at intermediate distances. The length of the gradient is very important for the wearer's adaptation. The rate at which the degree of gradient changes is called gradient. The gradient can be uniform or variable. Peripheral area: Changes in the surface curvature of the lens will lead to aberrations in the peripheral areas on both sides of the lens, mainly astigmatism and prism effect, which will interfere with a vision to a certain extent, resulting in blurred vision or distortion. And it will affect the wearer's adaptation to the progressive lens.
What Are Plano Lenses?
Plano lenses are simply optical lenses which provide no corrective power. That is to say. Plano lenses are eyeglasses lenses that provide no vision correction. They are in widespread use as protective equipment or safety spectacles designed to protect against eye injuries caused by flying dust, metal, wood chips, and other particles.
What Does Plano Mean for Glasses?
If you need a pair of plano glasses, you will see the term plano, PL or 0.00 in the Sphere box on your eye prescription paper. That means that the lens has no corrective power. If only either of your eyes requires correction, you may be given a pair of glasses that as one corrective lens for the affected eye and a plano lens for the unaffected eye.
Is it expensive to fix glasses?
Many optician shops can fix a broken pair of frames for less than $50. Some retailers, like LensCrafters, provide glasses with a one-year extended warranty for as low as $35. If you have such a warranty, you can have your glasses repaired for a fraction of the cost. Is it expensive to fix glasses? It depends on the specific situation. World Optic, for example, has led the eyeglass repair industry since 1972. World Optic combines over 90 years of eyeglass repair experience and uses cutting-edge technology to create a complete science of the process of repairing broken glasses and sunglasses from start to finish. We have to see that for every single repair, there is a specific quote for different degrees of repair and for different parts.
The lens coated with anti-reflection film is pretty prone to stain, and the stain will affect the transmittance of the lens. Microscopically, the anti-reflection film shows a porous structure, therefore, the oil is very easy to soak in it. The solution is to coat a layer of anti-fouling film with anti-oil performance on anti-reflection film. The film is very thin and will not change the optical performance of the anti-fouling film. The material is mainly fluoride. There are two processes, one is the immersion method, one is the vacuum coating method (the most commonly used).
The hazards of rusty spectacle frames
The most common allergenic metal is nickel. Once allergy occurs, it can cause contact dermatitides such as redness, swelling, itching, and yellow water on the surrounding skin. Many alloy products in daily life contain nickel, such as coins, various alloy products, electroplated objects, spectacle frames, metal watchbands, belt buckles, artificial jewelry, underwear buckles, etc. Their direct contact with the skin will cause allergies to sensitive people. Therefore, the temples and nose pads are the parts that contact the skin with a larger area. In particular, the outer surface of the metal frame and the metal contain a large amount of nickel, which can cause rust spots and skin corrosion, and allergies through contact with the skin and the erosion of sweat.