Bad eyesight can be caused by a lot of reasons such as habits or lifestyle as well as preexisting health concerns. Eliminating age-related sight problems. Refractive errors such as myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism are currently the most common eye problems. However, do you know what causes bad eyesight?
So, in this post, we will show you what causes bad eyesight.
What Causes Bad Eyesight?
Poor eyesight can be hereditary, and there are also some habits leading to. So, the following are some of the most common bad-for-you habits to cut back on.
- Too much screen time. If you work for long hours on the computer or read on your smartphone, your eyes will feel dry, blurry, and have other health concerns. So, if you spend too much time on digital screens, your eyesight can be affected. If you need to work for a long time on the computer or other digital screens, you can try to wear screen protection glasses.
- If you don’t drink enough water, your eyes are more likely to become dehydrated. This will result in puffy, dry, red eyes, leading to bad eyesight.
- Bad eyesight can be caused by the food you intake. A bad diet is bad for your eyes. Foods our eyes love include leafy greens, eggs, nuts, and seafood.
- If you don’t have enough sleep, your eyes will feel fatigued and strain. So, bad eyesight can be caused by insufficient sleep.
- Rubbing your eyes may seem like a harmless habit but it can actually lead to new or worsen eye problems. If you rub your eyes too often, it can cause myopia and glaucoma to worsen, both directly affecting your eyesight.
- If you do not have regular eye exams, you can’t find some problems as soon as possible. So, if there is something wrong, it can lead to bad eyesight.
- There is no doubt that smoking can lead to health problems. Besides, smoking can also lead to bad eyesight because heart disease and lung cancer are major concerns for smokers and vision loss is too.
- Bad eyesight can also be caused by sunlight. If you do not protect your eyes from sunlight, you are more likely to develop macular degenerations cancer and cataracts.
- Just as staring at a screen all day can hurt your eyes, working in dim light can also lead to similar problems. Your eyes have to work harder to focus which can tire them out leading to eye fatigue.
However, is eyesight bad? If you find you can’t see objects clearly or if you feel the discomfort in your eyes, you can have an eye check and find whether the eyesight is poor.
To sum up, this post from Koalaeye Optical has shown what causes bad eyesight. If you have any different ideas for bad eyesight, you can share them in the comment zone. If you have any problems with glasses or sunglasses, feel free to contact us via the email email@example.com and we will reply to you as soon as possible.