How to Tell If Your Progressive Lenses Are Correct?
When you can’t read with your progressive glasses, you can try this way. Hold something you want to read in your hands and lower your look with your eyes. But please note do not move your chin down as you look down. Then look down at something to read but do not lower your chin. Look at something you want to read. Rotate your head to the left and right and right with one eye at a time. If you can read in a rotated position, the reading zone is out of place. If you can’t read at all, the progressive glasses may be wrong.
Can I use my prescription for contact lenses?
You cannot and should not use your glasses prescription to calculate your contact lens prescription. It's important to note that not everyone who needs glasses can wear contact lenses, and it's important to check them separately. Some people have sensitive corneas or other eye complications and never get used to wearing contact lenses.
How to Clean Glasses
To clean glasses by yourself, you need to be careful and use the correct way to avoid some damage to the glasses such as scratches, etc. So, follow the below steps to clean glasses lens.
1. Before cleaning the eyeglasses, you need to wash and dry your hands first. You can use the soap to wash your hands dry them.
2. Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of tap water. This way will remove dust and other debris and avoid causing scratches on your lenses. But one thing you need to pay attention to. Please do not use hot water since it can destroy some eyeglasses lens coatings.
3. Use a small drop of lotion-free dishwashing liquid to each lens. You can only use lotion-free brands.
4. Then gently rub both sides of the lenses and all parts of the frame. Make sure to clean every part of the eyeglasses.
5. Rinse both sides of the lenses and the frame. Make sure to remove all traces of the soap. Otherwise, it will cause the lenses to be smeared when you dry them.
6. Shake youreyeglasses to get rid of the water on your lenses gently and inspect the glasses carefully to make sure they are clean.
7. Then dry the lenses and frame with a clean and lint-free towel. Make sure the towel is clean, or the dirt or debris on the towel will smear and scratch your glasses.
After all steps are finished, you also need to check your glasses again and check whether they are clean.
As for how to clean glasses, you can follow the above steps. But when cleaning your glasses, you should be careful enough. When cleaning your glasses, something you can’t do. In the following section, we will list some of them.
Why you should be careful when choosing blue-light-blocking glasses?
Prices of blue light blocking glasses in the market now range from 200 to 300 yuan to several thousand yuan. According to the report, current eyewear standards do not prescribe the effects of blue-resistant lenses, and consumers are advised to choose blue-resistant lenses with caution. It is recommended that people with specific eye diseases such as macular disease, age-related macular degeneration, macular hole, and diabetic fundus lesions should choose anti-blue light glasses according to the advice of an ophthalmologist.
When do you need prism glasses?
If you experience symptoms of headache, dizziness, and nausea, then these symptoms may be caused by a subtle disorder between the eyes. This situation is called Binocular Vision Dysfunction(BVD). Double vision occurs in the situation that light enters the eye at the wrong angle and sends two different images to the brain. Some people have diplopia, where they can see only one image, and flat images are often blurry. Prism glasses can help to change visual deformities. Prism lenses can be helpful to prevent myopia and farsightedness in both eyes. If vision deteriorates in one eye, the eye muscle can use an external corrective prism to prevent blindness. Standard glasses are made of a combination of prisms that can correct the focal length errors and corneal curvature. The prism moves the image up and down or left and right to form an overall view.
How to choose a spectacle frame
First of all, we must clarify what are the specific materials of the spectacle frames on the market. At present, the more commonly used glasses frame materials are sheet material, aluminum-magnesium alloy, natural wood, and bamboo materials. Of course, there are other materials such as titanium, TR90, and ULTEM.
Secondly, we have to make it clear that the texture brought by each different material is different, and each has its own advantages. For example, plastic glasses frames are made of sheet materials, which are characterized by easy processing and relatively lightweight. They are generally not easy to deform at room temperature. And the spectacle frame made of metal material is relatively strong, light, and beautiful. Therefore, to learn the advantages and disadvantages of each type of spectacle frame, we can meet our different needs according to each different material.
Do you need to wear glasses to drive?
In the evening, lights from street lamps, buildings, and other vehicles create a lot of reflection on the windshield, making it hard to see. It's even worse when it rains. But if your glasses have an anti-reflective coating, they can reduce the glare and reflections, allowing you to see more clearly while driving at night.