What Are the Advantages of High-Index Lenses?
In this section, we will show you the advantages of high-index lenses.
- Thanks to the slim shape and narrow edges, high index lenses offer wearers the flexibility to choose from a wide array of fashion-forward frames. Their size means that they can be easily paired with sleek metal frames or incorporated into rimless eyewear for an attractive barely-there look.
- High index lenses are more comfortable for extended use because they are lighter than the traditional counterparts.
- High index lenses are available with many of the same options as traditional lenses. For example, they can be either single-vision or progressive.
- For users with strong prescriptions, high index lenses mean no bulky, bottle-glasses appearance. This can reduce the unwanted bug-eye look traditionally associated with very thick lenses.
However, there are some negative voices of high index lenses.
How to Test Blue Light Glasses (Amber and Red Lenses)
This section will show you how to test blue light glasses with amber or red lenses.
1. The Black and Blue Squares Test
1. Prepare black and blue paper.
2. Wear your blue light glasses after sunset and check whether both paper appear black.
3. If they do not appear black, your blue light glasses can’t block all blue light.
2. RGB Color Chart Test
1. Prepare an RGB color chart as follows.
2. Wear your blue light block glasses and look at the chart.
3. After wearing blue light blocking glasses, if the B section becomes black and the G section becomes darken, it shows that your blue light glasses block blue light and some filter some green light.
4. The less bright the green circle with your blue light glasses, the better they are.
Besides the above ways, you can ask the professional optician to perform a professional blue light glasses test, which would be more reliable. After that, you can know whether your glasses work effectively to block blue light.
What’s more, if you want to purchase a pair of effective blue light blocking glasses, you can try Koalaeye Optical. It is cheap and provides free shipping services.
Business style glasses
The style of business frames is mostly pure titanium series, simple and generous, with strong texture, flexible, highlighting the wisdom and calm of business elites, while the high standard of comfortable feature has always been the pursuit of this type. . Business style frame has a calm atmosphere and suit collocation complement each other, improve the overall temperament. In the negotiation and cooperation, they can leave a good impression. With A strong sense of the quality of the business, for work or leisure, they make you become the focus.
What Are Varifocal Glasses?
Varifocal glasses, also known as varifocals, varifocal lens, PLA, or progressive lenses, have a gradual change in strength from the top of the lens to the bottom with multiple focal points in between. Unlike bifocals, varifocal glasses have no specific area of lens strength, but progressive lens zones.
The way to look through varifocal glasses depends on what you want to look at. If you are looking at the distance, you look through the top of the lens. If you want to look at the close objects, you may need to move your eyes lower to keep the objects in focus. For the best close-up focus, you need to look through the bottom of the lens.
The benefits of varifocal glasses are that they do not need to buy or prepare 2 separate pairs of glasses or need to switch between frames for different vision needs.
However, if you wear the varifocal glasses for the first time, you may come across some problems.
What is the best lens material?
The world's first resin lens was made of CR-39 material, and CR-39 is still the main optical lens material in Europe and the United States. After the end of World War II, people found that compared with glass, the main lens material at that time, the light transmittance of CR-39 is high, and it can block ultraviolet light. In addition, CR-39 can be dyed, not easy to fog, and has small dispersion (CR-39's Abbe number is 58) and other benefits.
What is the function of eyeglasses holder straps?
If your glasses are loose or slip off a lot, or if you have an active lifestyle, the eyeglasses holder straps can be very helpful. This simple device is designed to help you track your glasses and keep them from falling off. Retailers sell eyewear holder straps in a variety of designs, materials, and colors.
About Glasses Donation
Some enterprises adhere to the quality of survival. They always adhere to the credibility and development of the business philosophy, investing in public welfare undertakings and fulfill their social responsibilities. They donate glasses, have free vision tests, and put forward reasonable love eye care advice according to the results of the test to the public.