How to protect your contact lenses?
When wearing contact lenses, do not drop any eye drops, and only use a special moistening solution for contact lenses. In daily life, we recommend that dry eyes can be relieved with lubricating fluid, but we do not advocate frequent use of lubricating fluid, so as not to make the eyes become dependent on lubricating fluid. The right way is to do blink training. The ingredients contained in the eye drops will remain in the lenses, which will cause certain damage to the eyes and pollute the lenses. Some eye drops can make the lenses tinted after use, which will affect the transmittance and a refractive number of the lenses and make the vision blurred. Ladies who need to make up should wear contact lenses before making up. When removing makeup, remove contact lenses before removing makeup, to avoid the makeup sticking to the lens and damaging the lens and eyes. Lenses should not be lent to others to avoid cross-infection of eye diseases. You can't wear contact lenses while swimming or bathing.
The price of prescription glasses
You need a current (unexpired) prescription to order glasses online. You will enter your prescription and select the available lens options during checkout. Prescription glasses start at about $40. Single vision lenses are free when you buy the frames, and progressive wireless lenses typically cost an extra $80 or so. Other lens options include clear lenses with no extra charge, basic tone lenses (for sun protection) with the price of $40,polarized-tone lenses (for protection and glare reduction)with the price of $50, and transition lenses (for indoor and outdoor use) with the price from $65.
Optometry for prescription glasses
The key prerequisite for proper glasses is accurate optometry. In foreign countries, professional optometrists are generally required to be qualified to issue prescriptions for optometry. However, this is not very standardized in China. Many optometrists have only been trained for a short period of time and do not have the basic knowledge of ophthalmology. For some complex situations, they may not give a proper prescription for glasses. Therefore, optometry should choose a qualified institution. If you are adolescents, people with high myopia, people with anisometropia, etc., you may need to dilate your pupils for optometry. It is best to go to the optometry center of the hospital for optometry
What Are Varifocal Glasses?
Varifocal glasses, also known as varifocals, varifocal lenses, or progressive lenses, have a gradual change in strength from the top of the lens to the bottom with multiple focal points in between. Unlike bifocals, varifocals glasses have no specific area of lens strength, but progressive lens zones.
As mentioned above, varifocal glasses have three different prescriptions in one pair of glasses, allowing you to correct near and far vision. So, they bring you great convenience since you don’t need to change the glasses frequently.
However, there are also some common problems with varifocal glasses and we will show you the disadvantages of varifocal glasses.
So, in the following section, we will show you the disadvantages of varifocal glasses.
The categories of rimless glasses
Rimless glasses can be divided into metal rimless glasses and plastic rimless glasses according to the material. According to the metal category, they can be divided into nickel-copper alloy, memory titanium alloy rimless frames.
According to the elastic order of the frame, the softest and elastic kind is the plastic rimless glasses. The benefits are the lightest weight and the lowest price. The disadvantages are the short service life, faded look after the sun, and single appearance, which are suitable for children or teenagers in the stage of corrective treatment. The second elasticity is the memory titanium alloy rimless frame. They use aviation metal titanium as the raw material, suitable for people with sensitive skin, and have lighter quality, better durability, more styles.
Advantages of progressive lenses
1. The appearance of the lens is like a single vision lens, and the dividing line of the degree change cannot be seen. Not only is the appearance beautiful, but more importantly, it protects the age privacy of the wearer. There is no need to worry about leaking the age secret due to wearing glasses.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/progressive-glasses)
2. Since the change of lens power is gradual, there will be no image jump. It is comfortable to wear and easy to adapt.
3. Because the degree is gradual, the replacement of the adjustment effect is gradually increased according to the shortening of the short distance. There is no adjustment fluctuation, and it is not easy to cause visual fatigue.
4. Clear vision can be obtained at all distances in the visual range. A pair of glasses meet the use of long-distance, near use, and various distances in between. It is especially good for teachers, doctors, music workers, and computer operators because these people not only need to see far and near objects clearly, but most of the time they also need to be able to see objects at intermediate distances such as blackboards, piano scores, and computer screens. This is not possible with lenses other than progressive lenses.
5. At present, both internal and external ophthalmologists agree that young people should wear low-degree convex lenses when reading and writing to reduce near-use adjustment, thereby alleviating or preventing the occurrence and development of myopia. This gives the progressive multifocal lens a new meaning and mission. Physiology found that excessive use of the eyeball adjustment function can form 'accommodative spasm' or pseudo myopia. Continued development can produce longitudinal eye axis elongation and induce 'true myopia' or axial myopia. The external luminosity of the progressive lens can be artificially added to the progressive luminosity. The upper is used for looking far, and the below is used for looking near, which makes the eyeball relax and over-adjust. The ever-changing luminosity of the lens replaces the 'accommodative power' that should have been activated, blocking the vicious circle of adjusting the eye axis elongation, making the eye not easy to fatigue, and slowing the development of myopia.
What Strength Reading Glasses Do I Need?
What strength reading glasses do I need? You can choose the reading glasses strengths by age or you can also perform a reading glasses test. If you are aging from 40 to 44, the +0.75 to +1.00 dioptre power is recommended. If you are aging from 45 to 49, the +1.00 to +1.50 dioptre is recommended. Age from 50-54, recommended power is +1.5 to +2.00 dioptre. Age from 55-59, recommended power is from +1.50 to +2.25 dioptre. Age from 61-65, recommended power is from +2.25 to +2.50 dioptre.
If you find two different strengths of reading glasses are available, choose the lower power because too strong strength can cause discomfort compared to weaker powered glasses and can even lead to nausea and dizziness.
So, if you need a pair of reading glasses, try Koalaeye Optical, which is an online glasses store. It provides all kinds of eyeglasses, sunglasses and frames. You can choose the satisfied one from here.