The Pros of Progressive Lenses
In this section, we will show you the benefits of progressive lenses.
One of the major advantages of progressive lenses is that the design of progressive lenses blends the prescription. There is no image jump or visible line on the lens. This enhances your comfort with your lenses and can be safer when performing tasks such as driving.
With progressive lenses, you don’t have to switch other glasses frequently. Progressive lenses correct distance, intermediate, and reading vision within one lens. So, it can bring you great convenience.
Lens anti-fogging agent
To be specific, a layer of the anti-fogging agent is sprayed (coated) on the surface of the lens to form a dense, absorbent, ultra-thin, and ultra-transparent biological coating. The coating chelates the droplets inside the coating (chelating means processing the material into a digestible form) to form a continuous and supper transparent chelating coating, which converts the droplets into a transparent micro-glass layer, thus preventing fogging. Spray anti-fogging agent on the surface of the lens, and then wipe evenly with an ordinary lens cloth. It can be used on most lenses. They are easy to use but have relatively short anti-fogging time. During use, the lens should not be wiped or washed. Long time use will affect the lens life.
Are titanium glasses frames worth it?
In order to exert the flexibility of the material, the β titanium frame is designed to be mostly fine and delicate, and the style is limited by this. So the price of a pure titanium glasses frame is more expensive than the beta titanium frame, of course, the comfort is higher. Beta titanium has better strength, fatigue resistance, and environmental corrosion resistance than pure titanium and other titanium alloys. It has good shape plasticity and can be made into wire and sheet, which is lighter.
Because the texture of pure titanium frame is better, so it is more expensive than other frames, at least should the price reach more than 20 dollars, if the frame is only a few dozen dollars, then it must be fake and inferior. The most important thing to avoid buying fake products is to choose brands. For example, Seiko and other well-known brands rarely have fake and inferior products, so that consumers can be more assured to buy.
What Should You Do If Your Glasses Are Broken?
Adjust the frame by yourself. If your frame is tilted, place your glasses on a flat surface to determine which arm is higher than the other. If the right arm looks raised, you'll need to use pliers to bend the left arm down at the hinge. Or, if the left arm is raised, bend the right arm at the hinge. You can bend your metal-framed arms inward. You can turn the nose pad inward if the glasses slip under your nose. To make the frames more flexible, you can heat them with a hairdryer. If the metal frame has broken into pieces, you may need to take it to a professional. However, if your metal frames just bend, you may be able to repair them by yourself.
Advantages of progressive lenses
1. The appearance of the lens is like a single vision lens, and the dividing line of the degree change cannot be seen. Not only is the appearance beautiful, but more importantly, it protects the age privacy of the wearer. There is no need to worry about leaking the age secret due to wearing glasses.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/progressive-glasses)
2. Since the change of lens power is gradual, there will be no image jump. It is comfortable to wear and easy to adapt.
3. Because the degree is gradual, the replacement of the adjustment effect is gradually increased according to the shortening of the short distance. There is no adjustment fluctuation, and it is not easy to cause visual fatigue.
4. Clear vision can be obtained at all distances in the visual range. A pair of glasses meet the use of long-distance, near use, and various distances in between. It is especially good for teachers, doctors, music workers, and computer operators because these people not only need to see far and near objects clearly, but most of the time they also need to be able to see objects at intermediate distances such as blackboards, piano scores, and computer screens. This is not possible with lenses other than progressive lenses.
5. At present, both internal and external ophthalmologists agree that young people should wear low-degree convex lenses when reading and writing to reduce near-use adjustment, thereby alleviating or preventing the occurrence and development of myopia. This gives the progressive multifocal lens a new meaning and mission. Physiology found that excessive use of the eyeball adjustment function can form 'accommodative spasm' or pseudo myopia. Continued development can produce longitudinal eye axis elongation and induce 'true myopia' or axial myopia. The external luminosity of the progressive lens can be artificially added to the progressive luminosity. The upper is used for looking far, and the below is used for looking near, which makes the eyeball relax and over-adjust. The ever-changing luminosity of the lens replaces the 'accommodative power' that should have been activated, blocking the vicious circle of adjusting the eye axis elongation, making the eye not easy to fatigue, and slowing the development of myopia.
Understand the basic knowledge of prescription of glasses
The prescription mainly includes the refractive status of the eye, degree of correction required, pupil distance, and the purpose of using the lens. Nowadays, there are many brands and varieties of glasses. Glasses are usually classified according to the material, structure, and use of the lens. Most of the glasses in the prescription are classified by structure. Nowadays, single vision glasses and multi-focal glasses are mainly used, and multi-focal glasses include bifocal glasses, three-lens glasses, and progressive multifocal lenses.
What are the colors of the fishing polarizer?
Amber, yellow, or orange lenses are very suitable for wearing on cloudy days. They can have a very clear vision, but they are not suitable for use on sunny days. Gray or dark green lenses can maintain the most natural original color when viewing objects, which is a good choice. Sunglasses are not only required to be worn in summer but they must also be used throughout the year. Wear it on sunny days and also on cloudy days. Don't think that the sun is not strong on cloudy days and the weather is not hot, so you don't need to wear sunglasses. The harmful ultraviolet rays will harm your eyes unknowingly. Therefore, even if it is a cloudy day with thin clouds, you must still wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.