After your glasses being used for a while, they may become dirty and the glue or super may be on them by accident. So, do you know how to remove glue from glasses or how to get super glue off glasses lens? If not, keep on your reading and this post shows some reliable ways.
How to Remove Glue from Glasses?
There are several factors to consider before attempting to remove the glue or super glue from your glasses. You should consider: what material are the lenses? Whether is there a coating on glasses? Hence, this post lists some safe and reliable ways for you to remove glue from glasses.
Remove Glue with Warm Water
Removing glue with warm water is the best way for the lens coating glasses. Most adhesives including superglue can be softened with water. But it needs time.
Now, we will show you how to remove glue from glasses with warm water.
1. Mix some ammonia-free dish liquid in water to make suds.
2. Dip a soft cloth in the soapy water to get it wet and press it over the glue.
3. Use the plastic wrap around the damp cloth to keep it moist.
4. Let the glue soak for at least 3 hours.
5. After that, remove the plastic wrap and wipe off the softened glue.
6. Do it several times to get super glue off the lens.
When lenses are clean, dry them with a soft cloth to prevent any watermarks and avoid having any metal parts rust. (You may be interested the post: How to Clean Glasses? Here Is the Reliable Way)
Remove Glue with Alcohol
For plastic and glass lenses, removing glue with alcohol is safe. If your lenses have a coating on them, you need to make a test first. You can test this method along one corner edge to be sure it does not damage the coating.
1. Moisten a soft cloth with isopropyl alcohol.
2. Then use the cloth to rub off the glue. This way may need some elbow grease. As the glue is transferred, rotate the cloth to a new area.
3. Some users say using a razor blade or a fingernail to scrape off the glue once it has softened a bit works well. But it can’t be used on the lenses that have a coating on them. In addition, when doing this, you should be careful enough otherwise it will scratch your glasses.
4. Then clean it with warm water and soap.
5. At last, dry your glasses.
Remove Glue with Acetone
How to remove super glue from glass? You can use acetone. But this method can only be used on glasses lenses. Do not use this method on plastic lenses.
1. Moisten a cloth with some pure acetone.
2. Rub the cloth over the glue until it is removed.
3. Then clean the lenses with warm water and soap.
4. At last, dry the glasses.
Remove Glue with Toothpaste
As for how to remove glue from glasses, some users say toothpaste is useful. Gently rub toothpaste over the glue and remove it, and then clean and dry the glasses. But please note do not use the toothpaste containing micro-scrubbers as they will scratch the lens.
How to remove glue from glasses? After reading this post, you may get reliable ways. If you want to remove super glue from glasses by yourself, try these ways. If you want to buy a new pair of glasses, Koalaeye Optical would be a good choice for you. If you have any problems with glasses, you can contact us via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.