After using the glasses for a period of time, they may become dirty and contains a lot of dust. So, you can choose to go to the local optical store and ask the optician to clean the glasses. However, it would be inconvenient.
So, Whether you can choose to clean glasses at home? The answer is positive. Besides, using the best way to clean glasses is able to keep them looking great and avoid scratched lenses. So, in the following part, we will show you how to clean glasses.
How to Clean Glasses
To clean glasses by yourself, you need to be careful and use the correct way to avoid some damage to the glasses such as scratches, etc. So, follow the below steps to clean glasses lens.
1. Before cleaning the eyeglasses, you need to wash and dry your hands first. You can use the soap to wash your hands dry them.
2. Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of tap water. This way will remove dust and other debris and avoid causing scratches on your lenses. But one thing you need to pay attention to. Please do not use hot water since it can destroy some eyeglasses lens coatings.
3. Use a small drop of lotion-free dishwashing liquid to each lens. You can only use lotion-free brands.
4. Then gently rub both sides of the lenses and all parts of the frame. Make sure to clean every part of the eyeglasses.
5. Rinse both sides of the lenses and the frame. Make sure to remove all traces of the soap. Otherwise, it will cause the lenses to be smeared when you dry them.
6. Shake youreyeglasses to get rid of the water on your lenses gently and inspect the glasses carefully to make sure they are clean.
7. Then dry the lenses and frame with a clean and lint-free towel. Make sure the towel is clean, or the dirt or debris on the towel will smear and scratch your glasses.
After all steps are finished, you also need to check your glasses again and check whether they are clean.
As for how to clean glasses, you can follow the above steps. But when cleaning your glasses, you should be careful enough. When cleaning your glasses, something you can’t do. In the following section, we will list some of them.
Don’t Do When Cleaning Glasses
Here are something you can’t do when cleaning the glasses.
1. Don’t use your shirttail, blouse, or other clothing to clean your glasses, especially when the lenses are dry because they will scratch your lenses.
2. Don’t use the saliva to wet your lenses.
3. Don’t use some surface cleaners to clean your eyeglasses because they may damage glasses lenses and coatings.
4. Don’t use some paper to clean your lenses, such as paper towels, napkins, or some tissues. They may scratch or smear your lenses or make them full of lint.
5. Don’t try to remove a scratch on your lenses by buffing away. This action can make the situation worse.
How to Remove Scratches from Prescription Glasses with Coating
It would be an unfortunate thing if there is a scratch on your prescription glasses. Some people may ask how to remove scratches from prescription glasses with coating. Unluckily, there is no magic cure to remove scratches from prescription glasses. Once your glasses are scratched, they are scratched.
However, there are some products on the market designed to make the scratches look less visible. In fact, most of these products are just waxy substances that wear off easily and they even can smear anti-reflective lenses.
So, if your glasses are scratched, for optimum vision and safety, you had better replace your lenses if they become scratched. When purchasing the glasses, you can go to the local optical store or choose online. For example, the Koalaeye Optical is a good choice because it is cheap and has free shipping. You can find some professional explanations on this website, such as Sphere, Cylinder, or Axis.
To sum up, after reading this post, we think you have known how to clean glasses lens. If you have any different ideas of how to clean glasses, you can share them in the comment zone. If you have any problems with glasses, feel free to contact us via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.