The Advantages of Trivex Lenses
In this section, we will show you the benefits of the Trivex glasses.
- Trivex lenses provide high impact resistance so they can minimize the risk of injury among those who have an active lifestyle.
- Trivex lenses are light because they have a lower density ratio than other plastics. Hence, it would not slip down from your nose
- Trivex lenses are thin so they enhance comfort because they have a slimmer profile.
- Trivex glasses have a high Abbe value that offers a clean and sharp vision. This feature can be more important for those whose prescription powers are stronger but who don’t want to sacrifice visual clarity.
- Trivex lenses provide 100% UV protection from harmful sun’s UV rays.
- Trivex lenses are internally stress-free. This means that such lenses have a lower chance of breaking when under pressure, like from thick frames.
- Trivex lenses are able to resist to many chemicals including acetone. It performs better in chemical resistance than some of its other competitors.
How to Choose Glasses for Round Faces?
Before proceeding with how to choose glasses for round faces, you need to what your face shape is. The round face shape has fuller cheeks which can give a more youthful appearance. The chin is rounder and the forehead widens at the top. In some cases, the jawline is softer than other face shapes. However, if you do not know what your face shape is, you can click here to check.
Production technology of progressive lenses
In addition to the evolution in design, the production technology of progressive lenses is also constantly improving: the most representative one is the free-form technology. The emergence of free-form surface technology makes the production more flexible and rapid and can realize a more personalized design. For now, progressive lens design is done on the inside surface of the lens by a computer-controlled lathe, as if a master engraver could carve a piece of stone into a work of art.
Different Types of Eyeglass Frame Materials
Acetate: The most popular frame material is acetate, also called Zyl. Zyl is a very cost-effective and creative option for eyewear and is extremely lightweight. The acetate frame material is also colorful.
Nylon: This frame material is used in some cheap eyeglasses. Nylon is strong, lightweight and flexible, and it can become brittle with age. Nylon is also a premier material for sports and performance frames, and also easily molded into today’s popular wraparound style.
TR90 Nylon: TR90 Nylon is durable, flexible, and lightweight. Glasses made with TR90 are extremely comfortable since they have a flexible quality. Besides, the TR90 Nylon frame material can bend under pressure and contour your face comfortably. So, it would be resilient to damage.
Ultem: Ultem resin is a flame-retardant and high performance thermoplastic. It comes with various features, such as high strength-to-weight ratio, heat resistance and high impact strength. This frame material is also durable.
How to clean the lenses?
When wiping lenses (especially the rimless glasses of resin lens), you must use a special wipe lens or soft handkerchief or paper. When you wipe the lens, you can only wipe it in one direction, not in circles, and don't touch the lens with your fingers. When the lens is stained with dust and sand, it should be washed with water before wiping, otherwise, the lens is likely to be abraded, and the operation should be gentle. At ordinary times, when cleaning, do not exert too much force, pay attention to the grasp of strength. When wiping the lens, it is best to take the side frame with one hand, and the other hand takes the glasses cloth to wipe gently. In order to prevent the lens film layer falls off, do not use alkaline detergent to wipe the lens. Therefore, when bathing or playing at the seaside, glasses should be properly kept to avoid water vapor or seawater caused by corrosion of glasses.
Protect the lenses of your safety glasses.
Scratches can be caused by damage at work, aging, improper care, improper cleaning, or improper storage. Whatever the cause of a scratched lens can affect vision quality through the polycarbonate, causing eye strain. Make sure the safety glasses lenses are replaced in time when they are scratched.
The shape of the lens is also important.
Aviator and cat-eye glasses should be avoided, as both will cut off the base of the prescription, resulting in poor reading vision. Instead, they should opt for shorter frames with rounded edges, such as bull horn frames, vintage wingtips, round frames, and oval frames.