Transition Lenses Problems
Here, we will show you some common transition lenses problems.
Transition lenses are typically embedded with photo-sensitive chemicals or coated with similar films that produce the shading effect when exposed to light. This process makes the lens more expensive to manufacture and focuses on prescription glasses, thus raising the transition glasses cost. The transition lenses cost may be twice of the regular glasses lenses.
When you are driving with the transition glasses, they will fail to work. Car windshields typically come standard with anti-glare effects or films and laminates that break up some of the direct sunlight that enters the vehicle. This will reduce the transition lens effects, causing them to register a non-lit condition when the direct sunlight can actually be very bright.
Adjustment of the angle of the nose pad
For the angle of the nose pad, you can apply torque in the horizontal or vertical direction according to the deformation needs. It can be held in the proper part of the nose pad with needle-nose pliers, and the torque can be applied at a certain angle in the vertical plane or horizontal plane to achieve the purpose in accordance with the deformation needs. In the time of repeated actions, in order to prevent the welding place of the nose pad and the glasses ring from breaking due to repeated stress deformation, you can use your fingers to apply external force at the welding place to change the deformation position and play the purpose of protection.
Note the ratio of the lens to the face.
Usually, the vertical length of the lens of longer glasses can have a visual effect of reducing the proportion of the face. In addition, in the selection of the glasses, you should pay attention to the distance between the end of the eye and the glasses so the best ratio is that the eye is in the middle of the glasses.
What Are Progressive Lenses?
Your eyes change with your age. When your reach your 40s, you may find that it is difficult for you to focus between a book, a website on a computer screen and the conference room whiteboard. Progressive lenses are growing in popularity among people who need help seeing near, far and in-between.
Progressive lenses have grown in popularity and are one of the most common solutions to treat vision loss that occurs with age or presbyopia. Progressive lenses have a seamless increase in magnification from the top to the bottom of the lens, helping you see clearly at all distances with just one pair of glasses. The top portion of the lens enables you to see the far-away objects, the middle portion of the lens enables you to focus on the intermediate objects and the bottom to see objects close-up. The prescription changes little by little across the lens surface providing a gentle transition.
After knowing what the progressive lenses are, do you know what are the pros and cons of progressive lenses? If not, keep on your reading and we will show you some information.
How much are rimless glasses?
Generally, the price of rimless glasses should be determined according to your choice of frame and lenses. Some of the rimless glasses are very expensive. Most of these rimless glasses are reserved for business people. Generally speaking, if it is for business people, the price will be more expensive. But if you just want to match some of the common glasses, rimless glasses' price usually will not be too expensive, about 15 dollars to 30 dollars. But business people's special glasses frame will be about 150 dollars to 350 dollars.
Advantages of progressive lenses
1. The appearance of the lens is like a single vision lens, and the dividing line of the degree change cannot be seen. Not only is the appearance beautiful, but more importantly, it protects the age privacy of the wearer. There is no need to worry about leaking the age secret due to wearing glasses.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/progressive-glasses)
2. Since the change of lens power is gradual, there will be no image jump. It is comfortable to wear and easy to adapt.
3. Because the degree is gradual, the replacement of the adjustment effect is gradually increased according to the shortening of the short distance. There is no adjustment fluctuation, and it is not easy to cause visual fatigue.
4. Clear vision can be obtained at all distances in the visual range. A pair of glasses meet the use of long-distance, near use, and various distances in between. It is especially good for teachers, doctors, music workers, and computer operators because these people not only need to see far and near objects clearly, but most of the time they also need to be able to see objects at intermediate distances such as blackboards, piano scores, and computer screens. This is not possible with lenses other than progressive lenses.
5. At present, both internal and external ophthalmologists agree that young people should wear low-degree convex lenses when reading and writing to reduce near-use adjustment, thereby alleviating or preventing the occurrence and development of myopia. This gives the progressive multifocal lens a new meaning and mission. Physiology found that excessive use of the eyeball adjustment function can form 'accommodative spasm' or pseudo myopia. Continued development can produce longitudinal eye axis elongation and induce 'true myopia' or axial myopia. The external luminosity of the progressive lens can be artificially added to the progressive luminosity. The upper is used for looking far, and the below is used for looking near, which makes the eyeball relax and over-adjust. The ever-changing luminosity of the lens replaces the 'accommodative power' that should have been activated, blocking the vicious circle of adjusting the eye axis elongation, making the eye not easy to fatigue, and slowing the development of myopia.
The style of prescription glasses
Choose the material, and then choose the style. The width of the appropriate frame should match the distance between the two pupils to ensure that the eye can pass through the optical center when looking at things. Choose the right style according to your face shape. Generally follow the complementarity principle, such as choosing square frames for round faces and round frames for square faces. After choosing the frame, you should try it on for a while to see if the weight is appropriate and the style is suitable.