When were the first glasses invented?
No one knows when the first pair of glasses were invented, but we do know that the grinding techniques for making simple magnifying glasses have been around since 1000 AD, especially in regions where glasses were already produced (including northern Italy). The earliest artwork of glasses appears in the Treviso Cathedral fresco painted by Tommaso de Modena in 1352. There is reliable evidence that eyeglasses were invented in Italy in the late 13th century. The first pair we think of as eyeglasses appeared in Italian pizza in the late 12th century and looked more like two small magnifying glasses (made of raised glass) riveted together at the top of the handle. In 1266, The English Franciscan Monk Roger Bacon wrote about the scientific principles of corrective lenses, but there is no evidence that he applied this knowledge to the manufacture of eyeglasses.
Why do people like wearing rimless glasses?
'Seamless connection, minimalist design' is the feature of the rimless glasses. Anytime, it is an invincible weapon integrating 'elegance, fashion, high-end, character', attracting countless attention. So in the European and American markets, it occupies 40%, most of which are the trendsetters who pursue fashion. In addition, rimless glasses will not cover too much of the face, which will show more reality to the wearer's style and temperament. The integration with the overall appearance is more perfect, and the wearer can be more flexible and casual in matching clothes. In addition, rimless glasses are more stylish and colorful.
What Are the Advantages of Progressive Lenses?
We have shown what the progressive lenses are in the above part. Do you know what the advantages of progressive lenses are？.
1. Only need a pair of eyeglasses. As mentioned in the above section, with progressive lenses, you just need a pair of eyeglasses and there is no need for you to change different glasses constantly.
2. No unsightly bifocal line. Progressive lenses come with the multifocal lens without a multifocal line. And there is a smooth shift in lens strength, you don’t have to deal with any sudden changes in clarity.
3. More comfortable. Due to no visible line, you might feel more comfortable with a progressive lens.
What Is Plastic Lens?
In the above part, we have introduced what polycarbonate lenses are. In this section, we will show you what the plastic lens is.
The plastic lens was first introduced in 1947. Since then, plastic has become a popular and widely used material for making eyeglasses lenses. Since the introduction and use of plastic lenses, it has sealed its mark as the most preferred choice in the optical industry.
Plastic lenses are light. With this feature, plastic lenses are popular because they will not be heavy inside the glasses frame and permit for an easy fit in any type of glasses frame. In addition, plastic glasses are cheap and easy to obtain in desired amounts. So, they are affordable for most people. Plastic lenses are very durable. So, they do not shatter easily on impact which makes it a great choice for individuals who are active or tend to drop their glasses often.
However, compared with other lens materials, plastic lenses are usually thick due to their low index of refraction. The soft feature of plastic glasses makes them susceptible to scratching from a sharp object and why scratch-resistant coating is applied to form an additional protective layer. Plastic lenses do not provide ultraviolet protection.
Are the glasses purchased online of good quality?
Always, there are some people who question online shopping, whether the quality of the glasses purchased online is up to standard. Then I have to ask, is the quality of the glasses bought in the physical store good? Most people do not have the ability to judge the quality of glasses. It can be said that they decide which to buy based on an inexplicable idea. Therefore, for those who do not understand glasses, the quality of the glasses purchased online is not a question we should consider. In my personal experience, there has been no quality problem with the glasses purchased online, and for the same price, the glasses purchased in physical stores are much worse than those purchased online.
The frames use the best acetate from the best suppliers in Europe. The factory that produces acetate is located in northern Italy. Although there are many other acetate manufacturers, they are arguably the best at what they do. In that industry, their acetate has been used in optical manufacturing since 1849.
Buy Prescription Glasses Online Step By Step
1. Before you can buy glasses online, you’ll need a current glasses prescription.
2. Select an online retailer, comparing online retailers like EyeBuyDirect and KOALAEYE until you find the best fit for your needs.
3. Shop for the perfect frames according to face shape, frame favorites, the budget, etc.
4. Once you’ve found your perfect frames, you’ll enter your eyeglasses prescription and pupillary distance to choose the lenses.
5. Read over the fine print on return/exchange policies and product warranties before you complete your order.
6. Having picked your perfect frames, entered your prescription information, added any lens coatings and upgrades, and checked your online retailer's warranty and return policy, it’s time to complete your order.