How to Adjust Glasses If They Pinch Your Nose
In some cases, glasses will pinch your nose, so you also need to adjust them, too. If the glasses frames are metal, you should simply widen the plastic nose pads using your thumbs until the frames fit comfortably. If the glasses frames are plastic, you should soak the arms of your glasses in warm water for 30-60 seconds, and gently apply upward and outward pressure on the end of the arms to get a more relaxed fit.
After that, your glasses will become more suitable.
Unfortunately, not all glasses can be adjusted by yourself at home. You can’t adjust some glasses which are based on the material of your glasses. For example, the glasses with the following material can’t be adjusted at home:
1. Aluminum alloy.
2. Memory plastic.
3. Titanium or memory titanium.
If your glasses are made of these materials, you can’t adjust them by yourself at home. If something goes worse, you need to buy a new pair of glasses. It is also risky to adjust the rimless or semi-rimless glasses by yourself at home.
As for how to tighten glasses or how to adjust glasses, you may have brief knowledge after reading this post. If your glasses are already broken or you want to get a pair of new glasses, you can try Koalaeye Optical, which is cheap and has a free shipping service.
Are titanium glasses really more expensive?
Due to its lightweight, corrosion resistance, non-allergic and memory quality, titanium is becoming a new type of glass frame material. But titanium frames are more expensive than other metal, sheet, or plastic frames. Titanium is not a rare metal. It has the fourth-largest reserves after aluminum, iron, and magnesium, and is 16 times more than the world's copper, nickel, leads, and zinc combined. Scarce resources are supposed to have higher prices. With so much titanium in store, why would titanium frames be more expensive than frames made of other materials?
Advantages of progressive lenses
1. The appearance of the lens is like a single vision lens, and the dividing line of the degree change cannot be seen. Not only is the appearance beautiful, but more importantly, it protects the age privacy of the wearer. There is no need to worry about leaking the age secret due to wearing glasses.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/progressive-glasses)
2. Since the change of lens power is gradual, there will be no image jump. It is comfortable to wear and easy to adapt.
3. Because the degree is gradual, the replacement of the adjustment effect is gradually increased according to the shortening of the short distance. There is no adjustment fluctuation, and it is not easy to cause visual fatigue.
4. Clear vision can be obtained at all distances in the visual range. A pair of glasses meet the use of long-distance, near use, and various distances in between. It is especially good for teachers, doctors, music workers, and computer operators because these people not only need to see far and near objects clearly, but most of the time they also need to be able to see objects at intermediate distances such as blackboards, piano scores, and computer screens. This is not possible with lenses other than progressive lenses.
5. At present, both internal and external ophthalmologists agree that young people should wear low-degree convex lenses when reading and writing to reduce near-use adjustment, thereby alleviating or preventing the occurrence and development of myopia. This gives the progressive multifocal lens a new meaning and mission. Physiology found that excessive use of the eyeball adjustment function can form 'accommodative spasm' or pseudo myopia. Continued development can produce longitudinal eye axis elongation and induce 'true myopia' or axial myopia. The external luminosity of the progressive lens can be artificially added to the progressive luminosity. The upper is used for looking far, and the below is used for looking near, which makes the eyeball relax and over-adjust. The ever-changing luminosity of the lens replaces the 'accommodative power' that should have been activated, blocking the vicious circle of adjusting the eye axis elongation, making the eye not easy to fatigue, and slowing the development of myopia.
Best Titanium Eyeglasses Frames Brand - BLACKFIN
BLACKFIN is a traditional Italian designer eyewear brand. It is greatly respected in the independent eyewear industry because of its focus on titanium glasses. For BLACKFIN, this is not just another random piece of material, but part of an entire belief system.BLACKFIN's products are all manufactured in Italy and crafted with the highest quality levels. They are highly valued by opticians because they are made accurately in line with high-quality workmanship. The brand places its entire focus on titanium as a material and manufactures all frames in Italy.BLACKFIN not only focused on the unbelievable material of glasses and sunglasses, but it built the spirit of the company.
The Disadvantages of Trivex Lenses
In this section, we will show you the disadvantages of Trivex lenses.
- Trivex lenses have less availability, especially compared with polycarbonate lenses.
- Trivex lenses cannot provide the same degree of thinness as high-index lenses.
- Trivex lenses are expensive than regular lens materials.
Different Types of Progressive Lenses
The short corridor progressive lenses that are designed to fit into small frames. They trade practically for a more fashionable look. Some people have difficulty transitioning to short corridor progressive because of the lens size and vision can feel more distorted sometimes because of this.
Transition progressive lenses are the last type. They are a brand of photochromic lenses. These lenses darken when exposed to UV light to provide shade for your eyes. They operate as a useful alternative to sunglasses.
Each frame is an extension of your personality. Use your favorite frame to give you the ideal vision. There are a variety of lenses that fit any prescription, including progressive ones. Gainesville Opticians provides a customized collection of frames and styles from brands we know, trust, and love.