The main parts of glasses
1. Spectacle lenses
One of the most important accessories for glasses is spectacle lenses. Due to the increase in myopia patients, the demand for spectacle lenses is also very large, but the prices of spectacles on the market are also uneven. To know whether the spectacle lens is good or not, you can't just look at the price of the product, but learn more about the value of the lens itself. For example, the resin lens is lighter and suitable for patients who wear it for a long time. The quality of the optical glass lens is better, and it is not easy to break, suitable for some elderly people.
The quality of spectacle lenses is also a key consideration. The market generally classifies lenses based on their structure, materials, and usefulness. The information on spectacle lenses is mostly chemical substances. It is very beneficial for us to select some good-quality lens materials. It is not only necessary to consider the function of the lens, but also to consider whether the lens material is harmful to the human body. Generally, the crystal stone materials are very safe and reliable, and we can choose carefully.
2. Spectacle frame
Another important figure in eyeglasses accessories is the frame. For those who like lightweight glasses, it is more appropriate to choose ultra-light frames or half frames. However, the frame must have durable and play a good role in maintaining the lens, otherwise, it will lose the meaning of the frame. Of course, the temples are also a part of the frame. There are also nose pads for glasses accessories. Many people have more requirements for nose pads. Generally, they choose soft ones that are not easy to press on the bridge of the nose.
Silhouette Rimless 5515 (7799) TMA The Must Collection
These highly stylish lightweight rimless glasses provide a sense of freedom and independence with a clean and professional look. With rimless technology, it's so clear you barely notice you're wearing it. The unhinged ends are easy to adjust and the sturdy frame has corrosion-resistant titanium durability. It provides a lightweight and professional look outline. But the intricate temple details, lively color choices, and thoughtful decor add refinement to your glasses.
What Is Progressive Lens?
Progressive lenses, also called multifocal lenses, have three prescriptions in one pair of glasses. So, it allows you to see near, middle distance, and far objects without changing your glasses. The progressive lenses are designed for people who are over 40 years old who are both nearsighted and farsighted. The progressive lenses come with the following features:
- There is no distinct line between all visions(near, intermediate, and far).
- Most popular lens for anyone with presbyopia who wears
- Expanded intermediate zone for better computer vision.
From the above information, you may have known the differences between bifocal lenses and progressive lenses. As for progressive vs bifocal lenses, which one is better? It is difficult to judge because each of them has unique features. So, if you do not know choose which, you can listen to the eye doctor.
Virtual try-on service
Previously, the only way to buy glasses online was by looking at pictures or reviews. But no matter how real the picture is and how good the buyer's feedback is, more than 80% of them will feel inappropriate once they try it on their face. Either the glasses don't match the shape of the face, or the color doesn't match the skin tone, etc.AR glasses virtual try-on can realize glasses online try-on. Using the phone's camera, users can look at the glasses and try them on their faces. They can turn their head in real-time to see how the glasses look at different angles. Online shopping should be tried on before purchase.
Which Glasses for Computer Are the Best?
There is no such a thing that one type of computer glasses can fit all or is the best for everybody. When selecting glasses for screen protection, the visual ability, personal preferences, the type of work, the distance between the computer user’s eye and the monitor, and other factors should also be considered.
5 Signs You Need Reading Glasses
In this section, we will list some signs you need reading glasses.
- You are over 40 years old. Everyone’s eyesight changes at a different rate, but most people develop presbyopia in their 40s. Presbyopia is a condition in which the eye strain to focus on nearby objects, which is different from farsightedness, a condition in which you can see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may be blurry. Farsightedness is usually present at birth, but presbyopia develops during the aging process.
- If you find that you never seem to have enough light when reading, regardless of the room type or the number of lamps you have turned on, it may be time to get reading glasses. According to a study, a 60-year-old people requires three times as much light as a 20-year old to do the same task.
- If your eyes get tired when reading or working at your computer, you may need reading glasses. Do you find yourself dozing off at your computer, or do your eyelids get heavy when your reading or do detailed work? If so, you may be developing presbyopia, and you may need the reading glasses.
- Another sign you need reading glasses is that you are getting more headaches. Consistently straining your eyes to read or focus on craft could give more headaches. A headache right behind your eyes could be indicative of hyperopia. It is important to remember the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds. If your headaches persist, you should see an eye doctor and have a check.
- If you see halos, you may need reading glasses. When your lens cannot focus light into your retina, it makes your vision appear blurry. Thus, reading glasses can solve this problem.
Do I need reading glasses? After reading this post, you may have a basic understanding. If you need a pair of reading glasses, try Koalaeye glasses. They are stylish and cheap, and the glasses will be mailed to you with great convenience.
What difference do mono-focal glasses and multi-focal glasses have?
A mono-focal lens is a lens with one focal point. Usually, the myopic far-sighted presbyopia that we see belongs to mono-focal glasses. There is only one diopter on one lens, and this is the single focal point. Multi-focal glasses are lenses that have multiple focal points, that is, multiple diopters. Both mono-focal glasses and multi-focal glasses are visual correction tools, but mono-focal glasses can meet basic vision needs, like fatigue relief, control of depth of diopters, and focus on different distances such as the need to see far and near.But because there are many different diopters on a multi-focal glasses lens, so the elderly can not only see far after wearing. When they see close distance, they do not need to take off glasses or wear reading glasses. Wearing multi-focal glasses is not easy to fatigue.