It is common that your vision may change when you are over age 40. You can find it is happening when have to hold your favorite book, the daily newspaper, or a restaurant menu farther away just to read it. This is an eye condition called presbyopia. It is normal and almost all of us get it as we reach middle age.
This eye condition often can be corrected by progressive lenses which allow you to see objects from far to near clearly. With progressive lenses, you do not have to switch your glasses to see far or near objects frequently.
However, since progressive glasses have three different prescriptions in one lens, it may be difficult for some people to adapt to the new ones. So, in this post, we will show you how to get used to progressive lenses.
How to Get Used to Progressive Lenses?
How to adjust to a pair of new glasses? How long does it take to adjust to a new pair of glasses? In general, there are several ways for adjusting to progressive lenses. In this section, we will show you some of them.
- Put on your new progressive glasses in the morning and wear them for at least one hour or two. The next morning, try a few more hours. Develop your tolerance to adjust to them.
- When you walk, look straight ahead, not down at your feet. And, point your nose in the direction you want to look, not just looking left or right with your eyes.
- Don’t switch between your new pair and the old one frequently.
- Make sure your progressive glasses fit properly and don’t slide down your nose.
- When you read, don’t move your eyes or head. Move the page or paper instead.
- Set your computer screen below eye level. You can achieve that by adjusting your desk or chair.
As for adjusting to progressive lenses, there are other ways besides the above. What’s more, if you need a pair of progressive glasses, you can try Koalaeye glasses. They are stylish and at a cheap price. You can get a pair of progressive glasses online, which brings you great convenience.
As for how to get used to progressive lenses, this post has shown you several ways. If you have any different ideas for adjusting to progressive lenses, you can share them in the comment zone. If you have any problems with glasses or sunglasses, please contact us via the email email@example.com and we will reply to you as soon as possible.