In recent years, the glasses chain has developed fastly, especially in large and medium-sized cities. The professional glasses stores use their own technical force, progressive optometry equipment, and years of store reputation, which drives the whole industry to improve the quality of products. Nowadays, with the development and expansion of the eyewear industry, eyewear chain stores have become the main force of eyewear product sales in China and even the world. Moreover, tens of thousands of people are directly or indirectly engaged in the operation or management of eyewear chains or related to them. The eyewear industry provides us with a large market and benefits.
Professional glasses repair service
EyeglassesDepot is a national leader in the eyewear and sunglasses repair industry. Technicians have decades of professional experience, and the lab has the ability to perform eyewear lens replacement, eyewear metal repair, eyewear plastic repair, eyewear crystal repair, screw repair, and scratch removal for your glasses or sunglasses. Most glasses can be repaired, no matter what the frame is made of. You are not obligated to pay until the lab confirms that your glasses can be repaired.
How to Get Used to Progressive Lenses?
How to adjust to a pair of new glasses? How long does it take to adjust to a new pair of glasses? In general, there are several ways for adjusting to progressive lenses. In this section, we will show you some of them.
- Put on your new progressive glasses in the morning and wear them for at least one hour or two. The next morning, try a few more hours. Develop your tolerance to adjust to them.
- When you walk, look straight ahead, not down at your feet. And, point your nose in the direction you want to look, not just looking left or right with your eyes.
- Don’t switch between your new pair and the old one frequently.
- Make sure your progressive glasses fit properly and don’t slide down your nose.
- When you read, don’t move your eyes or head. Move the page or paper instead.
- Set your computer screen below eye level. You can achieve that by adjusting your desk or chair.
Benefits of Blue Light Glasses
In this section, we will show you the benefits of blue light glasses.
- Relieve eye discomfort with blue-light blocking glasses. Excess device usage can lead to computer vision syndrome or digital eye strain. Blue light glasses can enhance your focus and reduce eye strain, resulting in making your eyes feel less tired and improving productivity. Another way to reduce eye strain is to make sure you take regular breaks from the screen.
- Blue light glasses can affect your sleep. Blue light has a high energy frequency that can increase alertness and delay the body’s release of melatonin, which helps induce sleep. In general, you had better not use blue light devices one to two hours before sleep. Blue light glasses can reduce the impact of blue light, enabling you to use your devices before bed and still get a good sleep.
- Blue light glass can help reduce the likelihood of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. AMD is a leading cause of blindness. Blue light blocking lenses can help avoid or delay this condition by preventing blue light from impacting your eyes.
Of course, besides those benefits, there are some other benefits of blue light glasses. For example, blue light glasses can relieve headaches.
How to Choose Reading Glasses?
Choose big frames the first time. When choosing reading glasses, you can choose the big frames for the first time. You may need larger glasses frames or lenses to really get the sweet spot of where the prescription is.
And if you have never worn glasses for eye conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism, it is likely you will be able to see well with non-prescription reading glasses. So, you can buy these non-prescription reading glasses.
Look at the quality of the frame.
Put the glasses flat in front of your eyes, and see if the color of the temples is different in-depth or light under the same light intensity. Sometimes, due to the mistakes in processing, the color asymmetry of the left and right temples will appear.Technology is the quality assurance of the frame, and a frame of fine technology is often reflected in the details.Pay more attention to the welding point near the metal frame to see if there are cracks.
The thermal effect during welding changes the stress structure of the material, or the weld defect, material fatigue, and so on will make it easy to fracture.Attention should be paid to see if the two sides of the stipules of the lens frame are symmetrical and if the fixation is safe.
Trifocal vs Progressive Lenses: Which Are Better?
Each type of glasses has advantages and disadvantages. Progressive glasses offer the wearer a youthful-looking eyewear option, and they can be customized for specific use. Trifocal glasses are not customizable like progressive, but instead, come in a few standard configurations. Trifocal glasses offer a wider intermediate viewing area than progressive lenses do. Hence, trifocal glasses could be more comfortable for computer use.
In addition, trifocal glasses are cheap than progressive lenses. So, they tend to be more affordable.
What’s more, progressive may be used in prescription sunglasses or in photochromic glasses. Trifocal lenses are mostly used in sunglasses or light adaptive glasses, but these may require a special order.
So, from the above information, you have learned some basic information about trifocal lenses and progressive lenses. As for trifocal vs progressive lenses, you may also have gotten some answers.
Therefore, if you want to buy a pair of trifocal glasses or progressive glasses, you can try Koalaeye Optical. It is an online glasses store, providing all kinds of glasses, sunglasses, and frames. Besides, these glasses are stylish and come at a cheap price. With your great convenience, the package will be mailed for you for free.