What is the best color of lenses for sunglasses?
In the previous article, we discussed “Who Made The First Sunglasses?”. In this article, let’s talk about “What is the best color of lenses for sunglasses?”.
When you are choosing sunglasses, you will find that sunglasses have different color lenses. Which color lens is the best? Which color is the suitable color?
Requirements For Sunglasses Lenses
The surrounding colors are not distorted. Simply speaking, if you look at traffic lights, the colors will not be changed. And the edges of the object are clear. However, bad lenses can easily cause distortions at the edges.
What color sunglasses are good?
First of all, the best lens color for sunglasses is light-colored lenses such as brown, gray and green, which have better visual effects and protective effects. Of course, if it is just for makeup or collocation, you can choose bright lens colors to highlight your own charm.
Applicability of some common colors of sunglasses
1. Gray lens: The gray lens can absorb any color spectrum evenly. Therefore, the scene will only become dark but there will be no obvious chromatic aberration. The gray lens belongs to the neutral colors.
2. Brown lens: The brown lens can filter out a lot of blue light, which can improve visual contrast and clarity. It is better to wear under severe air pollution or foggy conditions.
3. Green lens: While absorbing light, the green lens can make more green light reach the eyes, so it has a cool and comfortable feeling. It is suitable for people who are prone to eye fatigue.
4. Blue-gray lens: The blue-grey is similar to the gray lens. It belongs to neutral color lenses, but its color is darker. And the visible light absorption rate is higher.
5. Mercury lens: High-density mirror coating is used on the surface of the mercury lens. This lens can absorb more reflected visible light and are suitable for outdoor sportspeople.
What color sunglasses are not good?
It is especially emphasized that pure blue lenses should not be chosen as much as possible. Pure blue lenses will pick out harmful blue light into the eyeballs, which is not good for eye health.
Therefore, in terms of practicality, the best choice of sunglasses lens color is the gray lens, then green, blue-gray, mercury, brown, and finally some decorative colors.
Thank you for your time in reading our passage “What is the best color of lenses for sunglasses?”. For more information about sunglasses, please continue to follow https://www.koalaeye.com/blogs/our-stories. Also, it is welcome to share and forward to Facebook and Twitter.