In the previous article, we discussed “How to look good in glasses without makeup?”. In this article, let’s talk about “What is the best color lenses for sunglasses?”.
We know that sunglasses lenses can block uncomfortable glare, and at the same time can protect the eyes from ultraviolet rays. All of this is due to the metal powder filter device, which can 'select' the light when it hits it. Colored glasses can selectively absorb some of the wavelengths that make up the sun's rays because they use very fine metal powder. So, with so many colored sunglasses on the market, which colors do people prefer?
The best colors for sunglasses lenses are light-colored lenses such as brown, gray, and green. The visual effect and protective effect are better. Of course, if it is just for makeup or collocation, you can also choose bright lens colors to highlight your own charm.
How does the color of the sunglasses lens come from?
At present, the production materials of sunglasses lenses on the market are basically the same as myopia lenses. They can be divided into two categories, glass and resin. Glass lens sunglasses are mainly mixed with some metal salts with special absorption properties in the glass material. For example, the glass lens with nickel and cobalt added is purple, and the glass lens with cobalt and copper is blue. Resin lens sunglasses are mainly used the immersion dyeing method. The lens is immersed in a high-temperature dye solution. Under the high temperature, the pigment molecules continuously enter the microscopic voids in the resin lens structure, and finally condense and form the multi-color color of the lens.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/polarized-sunglasses)
How to choose the lens color of sunglasses that suits you?
Generally speaking, the colors of sunglasses lenses include gray, brown, green, blue-grey, mercury, yellow, light blue, light pink, dark green, blue, and so on. How to choose the color of sunglasses lens among a wide range of colors? Eyesight experts pointed out that from a physiological point of view, gray, green, and brown lenses are good for human eyes. Sunglasses of these colors can minimize the sensitivity to external colors. The other is to choose a suitable lens color according to your own needs or occasions of use.
Introduction of each sunglasses lens color
1. Gray lens: The gray lens can absorb any color spectrum evenly, so the scene will only become darker. However, there will be no obvious chromatic aberration, showing a real and natural feeling. It belongs to the neutral color system.
2. Brown lens: The brown lens can filter out a large amount of blue light, which can improve visual contrast and clarity. It is better to wear under severe air pollution or foggy conditions. Generally, it can block the reflected light from a smooth and bright surface, and the wearer can still see the subtle parts. It is an ideal choice for drivers.?
3. Green lens: While absorbing light, it maximizes the green light reaching the eyes, so it has a cool and comfortable feeling, and it is suitable for people who are prone to eye fatigue.
4. Blue-gray lens: The blue-gray lens is similar to gray lenses, but the color is darker and the visible light absorption rate is higher.
5. Mercury lens: High-density mirror coating is used on the surface of the mercury lens. This lens absorbs more reflected visible light and is suitable for outdoor sportspeople.
6. Yellow lens: Strictly speaking, this type of lens is not a sunglasses lens, because it hardly reduces visible light. But on foggy days and at the duck, a yellow lens can improve the contrast and provide more accurate vision, so it is also used in night vision goggles. Now, some young people wear sunglasses with yellow lenses as decoration.
7. Light blue, light pink lens: These colors of the lens is more decorative than practical.
8. Dark green lens: It absorbs heat and brings a cool feeling, but the light transmittance and clarity are low. It is suitable for wearing in the sun and not suitable for driving.
9. Blue lens: Blue lens can be worn at the seaside beach play. The blue lens can effectively filter out the light blue reflected by the sea and sky. We should avoid using a blue lens when driving because it will make us unable to distinguish the color of the traffic signal.
Thank you for your time in reading our passage “What is the best color lenses for sunglasses?”. For more information about sunglasses and eyeglasses, please continue to follow KoalaEye Blog. Also, it is welcome to share and forward to Facebook and Twitter.