What is a progressive lens?
Progressive multifocal lenses are lenses with different upper and lower powers for seeing far above and below for seeing near. The distance from the fixed far power above the lens to the near power fixed below the lens does not change suddenly, but a gradual transition between the two through the gradual change in refractive power. Compared with ordinary lenses, there are many advantages. The appearance of the lens is like a single vision lens, and the dividing line of the power change is not visible. Not only is the appearance beautiful, but more importantly, it protects the age privacy of the wearer, and there is no need to worry about revealing the age secret due to wearing glasses.
Since the change of the lens power is gradual, there will be no image jump. It is comfortable to wear and easy to adapt. So it is easy to be accepted. Because the degree is gradual, the replacement of the adjustment effect is gradually increased according to the shortening of the short distance. There is no adjustment fluctuation, and it is not easy to cause visual fatigue. Clear vision can be obtained at all distances in the visual range.
Such a pair of glasses meets the use of long-distance, near-use and various distances in the middle at the same time. It is especially good news for teachers, doctors, music workers, and computer operators, because these people not only need to see far and near objects clearly, but most of the time they also need to be able to see middle distance objects such as blackboards, piano scores, and computer screens. . This is not possible with any lens other than progressive lenses.
Can you buy a pair of rimless glasses with a high prescription?
Rimless glasses have many benefits. Rimless glasses are a popular choice for eyewear wearers in terms of performance, price, and styling. However, you may wonder if rimless glasses will fit your prescription. The answer is yes, you can get rimless glasses, even with a prescription.
What is a titanium alloy?
Titanium alloy refers to any alloy metal made of titanium with other metals.Titanium is an important structural metal developed in the 1950s. Titanium alloy has high strength, good corrosion resistance, and high heat resistance.
What Are the Disadvantages of High-Index Lenses?
This section will show high index lenses disadvantages.
- High index lenses are made from a chemical synthetic blend that’s created through a special manufacturing process. So, high index lenses are expensive than regular lenses. In fact, the price may be more than double that of the traditional counterparts.
- High index lenses can be more brittle than their traditional counterparts and may also be more prone to scrapes and scratches. This can impact their overall durability.
- High index lenses are more reflective than regular lenses, which can make them less effective for brightly lit work environments, outdoor use and nighttime driving on busy highways.
- High index lenses have greater potential for distortion, particularly in your peripheral vision because the high index lenses have a higher Abbe value than prescriptions made from standard plastic or glass.
Is Anti Glare Worth It?
Is anti glare worth it? To answer this question, you need to know the benefits of the anti glare glasses first. Anti reflective coating and anti glare coating offer many benefits and are definitely worth the extra cost, especially if you find yourself bothered by glare. They can help you see better, look better and feel better.
Here, we will list some of the benefits of the anti reflective coating.
- They can improve your vision by reducing bothersome reflections and glare.
- They can also provide comfort during prolonged computer use as the glasses for computer use.
- They improve visual acuity by allowing more light to reach your eyes.
- They can reduce the effect and symptoms of digital eye strain.
- They make your eyes more visible behind your lenses.
- They provide less glare when driving at night.
So, is anti glare worth it? From the above information, you can find that anti glare glasses or anti reflective glasses are worth the cost.
The anti-reflection principle of the anti-reflection film
Anti-reflection Coating, known as anti-reflection membrane, is called anti-reflection coating in English, or AR membrane for short. The basis of anti-reflection is the wave and interference of light. The principle is: Two light waves with the same amplitude and the same wavelength are superimposed, then the light wave amplitude is enhanced. The two wavelengths and amplitudes are the same, but the superposition of wavelengths with different wave paths (similar to dislocation) cancels each other out. Therefore, the anti-reflection film plated on the surface of the lens uses this principle to make the reflected light generated by the front and rear surfaces of the film layer interfere with each other, thus canceling each other and achieving the effect of reducing reflection.
In addition to Ray-Ban, Vogue、Fendi, and other first-line eyewear brands, Selectspecs also owns many affordable and self-owned eyewear brands, among which Infinity is the representative brand of youth and fashion.
But the texture will not lose to a line brand. And the choice is very rich. The classic black-rimmed glasses, or the stylish metal-rimmed glasses, or the tortoise-shell glasses with a retro vibe, are brimming with youthful fashion.
The fashion sense of Infinity is stronger, in line with the aesthetic of young people today. There are many fashion trend items, very suitable for building your personal image. There are many styles of glasses, such as classic black frames and popular gold frames.