It is an annoying thing if there is a scratch on your glasses. Not only does it block your full range of view and impact the look of your sartorial tableau but it can also be a safety issue when you are driving.
If there are deep scratches and other damage to your glasses or blue light blocking glasses, you may need to replace the lenses. If you just got a few surface scrapes, there is something you can do to fix that little scratch.
This post will show you how to remove scratches from glasses. It just needs a few steps. If you do not know how to do that, keep on your reading.
How to Remove Scratches from Glasses?
In this section, we will show you how to get rid of scratches on glasses.
- Clean your glasses with a lens cleaner and microfiber cloth to get rid of any dust and debris.
- Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda with just enough water to form a thick paste.
- Spread the paste over the damaged areas of your lens using a microfiber cloth or cotton ball. Then rub gently in a circular motion with minimal pressure.
- After spreading the paste over all of the damaged areas, rinse your glasses well with water to get rid of any remaining residue.
- Last, give them another quick clean with your lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth and enjoy of a bit of extended life for your glasses.
After all steps are finished, you may have removed scratches from glasses successfully.
Tips to Prevent Scratches on Glasses
Preventing scratches on glasses is the best way to keep your sunglasses looking good and can protect your eyes. Here, we will show you some tips to prevent scratches on glasses and reduce the risk of scratched sunglasses lenses.
- Always put your glasses in a clean and protective case.
- Don’t just toss glasses into your beach bag or purse between wearings.
- Follow the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions, and never polish your sunglasses with saliva or the tail of your shirt.
- If the glasses will jostle or fall off when participating in activities, you can wear a head strap.
You can follow the above suggestions to prevent scratches on glasses.
To sum up, this post from Koalaeye Optical has shown how to remove scratches from glasses and shown some tips to prevent scratches on glasses. If you have any different ideas for scratch removal glasses, you can share them in the comment zone. If you have any problems with glasses or sunglasses, please feel free to contact us via the email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to you as soon as possible.