In the previous article, we discussed “Which is better acetate or plastic frames?”. In this article, let’s talk about “Difference between acetate and TR90”.
Speaking of the two kinds of spectacle frames made of sheet material and TR90, they have many of the same characteristics, but each has its own characteristics. So which of these two materials is better? In fact, there is no good or bad spectacle frame itself, as long as it is comfortable to wear and looks good. Today, we talk about what are the characteristics of these two kinds of spectacle frames.
The Acetate Spectacle Frame
The sheet spectacle frame is made of a high-tech plastic memory sheet. The current sheet material is mostly acetate fiber, and a few high-end frames are propionate fiber. The acetate fiberboard is divided into injection molding type and pressing and polishing type. The injection molding type is made by pouring in a mold. The plate frame is also suitable for people with a high number of heights because the frame is larger and can withstand a high number of lenses.(https://www.koalaeye.com/collections/acetate-eyeglasses)
The TR90 Spectacle Frame
TR90 frame is a kind of polymer material spectacle frame with memory, no chemical residue is released, and it meets European requirements for food-grade materials. It is currently an internationally popular ultra-light spectacle frame. TR90 frames have the characteristics of super toughness, impact resistance and abrasion resistance, and low friction coefficient, which can effectively prevent damage to the eyes and face caused by the breakage and friction of the frame during sports. Because of its specific molecular structure, it has good chemical resistance, is not easy to deform in high temperature environment, can withstand high temperature of 350 degrees in a short time, and is not easy to melt and burn. Moreover, the TR90 spectacle frame has a lubricating surface with a density of 1.14-1.15. It will float when placed in salt water. It is lighter than other plastic spectacle frames. It is about half the weight of the sheet frame and 85% of the nylon material. It can reduce the burden on the bridge of the nose and ears.
Advantages Of Acetate Frames
- Firmness and good gloss. The style is beautiful. It is not easy to be deformed and discolored, and it is durable.
- It is not easy to be corroded by the sweat of the skin and other irritants, and it will not be discolored by ultraviolet radiation.
- Diverse styles, various colors, suitable for many types of people, and easy to match clothes.
Advantages Of TR90 Frames
- Lightweight. The weight is about half the weight of the plate frame, which can reduce the burden on the bridge of the nose and ears, and it is also comfortable to wear for a long time.
- Bright colors. Compared with ordinary plastic frames, the color of TR90 frames is even better.
- Impact resistance. The TR90 frame is extremely flexible, and its good elasticity can effectively prevent damage to the eyes caused by impact during sports.
Regardless of whether it is a sheet frame or a TR90 frame, they have their own advantages. You can choose them according to your requirements, Importantly, it is comfortable to wear and good-looking.
Thank you for your time in reading our passage “Difference between acetate and TR90”. For more information about sunglasses and eyeglasses, please continue to follow KoalaEye Blog. Also, it is welcome to share and forward to Facebook and Twitter.